Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Rules for a good pub:

No cunts
Good porter
Always a stool available
Barmen that know what their doing
No cunts

I find that the pool of pubs i tolerate is growing ever smaller as i grow older. My first choice in Limerick now would be Myles Breens. I must admit i am a fan of the newly revamped Hurlers too which has turned into a noble pub again. You might see the odd cunt in there but mostly they are OK.

The nicest pub i was ever in is possibly the Fishermans pub in Fisherstown, Co. Laois. A noble pub and i had a great time there one night. I like a pub in middle of nowhere.

The first is no fucking food. The last is no food . The rest of your criteria is spot on .

1 Like

Agreed on the no food thing. Shouldn’t be in a proper pub. You don’t want to be drinking and someone with plates walking past you.

3 Likes

I like Dolan’s.

A classic one that used fit this bill was Katy Daly’s but I see since The Locke took over they have rebranded to “Katy Daly’s Heritage Bar & Restaurant” and started serving things like “fruity curries”. Haven’t been in there since the makeover but I fear the worst.

I don’t mind Dolans but describing it as a ‘traditional Irish pub’ :grinning:
Food in a pub is fine, but you can’t describe it as a proper boozer really

While I know the chap who actually wrote this it is from limerick, but it feels like a list compiled by an accountant or a solicitor who is a blow in to Limerick in recent enough years. The type of boring cunt who loves the Munster rugby scene even though he is from Roscommon or somewhere.

3 Likes

Fixed

The manager in the hurlers is an awful clown.

Maybe he has to be to keep on top of all weirdos around castle Troy /ul area.

Seems to be a big crowd setting up in the peoples park for this BBQ championships

You have piqued my interest. Tell us more

“World BBQ championships” in the peoples park this weekend. From 4 today and 11.30 Saturday & Sunday.
Be there or be square.
I’d estimate there to be over 50 stalls already setup and a beer tent. It’s in the back part of the peoples park. At that food truck thing a few months back there was about twenty five stalls and they were all in the back, and had loads of space left there. This thing seems to be already spilling out into the middle of the park so it’s going to be a lot bigger it seems.
Why the fuck it’s on in the middle of October in a grass based venue is anyone’s guess, but I’ll stroll up for a look this evening if the weathers alright. You can’t give out about there being nothing on and then not going to things when they are on.

Actually scratch the inverted commas, this is a genuine World BBQ championships. Previous years it was just a local based thing but this is actually some international competition. Jaysus I’m going up hail rain or snow now.

The International Food Truck festival they had on over the summer was an awful let down anyway, this would want to be bigger and better. I might go in tomorrow afternoon if it’s worthwhile. Please post up an extensive review tonight, Julio.

Some amount of hipsters looking for barbecued lobster or ostrich .

Ireland can’t do food festivals, not in Dublin anyway. Look what’s successful elsewhere, then add 50% to the price of the portion, reduce said portion by 30% and then stick a fence around it and charge €20 in. Cunts.

5 Likes

Munster rugby is saved.

The M20 Limerick - Cork motorway included in the Capital Investment Plan from 2021 onwards.

Probably get completed by 2040.

Cork will have declared independence before it’s finished

:joy:

A great government maneuver.
Patrick O’Donovan will be falling over himself to claim this as a great victory.
“look at all these great things we are going to build in 5 years time!”
Conveniently all will still be on table before the next election, after which time they can start cherry picking projects and bumping the others on to the “2028 and onwards capital development plan”

They’d be happy to give away Buttevant and Charleville though.

1 Like