Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Kieran O’Donnell giving it big licks already. “Game changer” is how he described it.

Will I be able to get food there at lunch?

No bizarrely. Doesn’t open till 4

1 Like

FFS

The Taoiseach added: “I feel that once planning permission is secured, the major costs occur in land purchase and construction. Those costs are unlikely to arise in the current capital plan to 2021."

So they won’t even begin buying land until 2022.

I wouldn’t mind but they announced the motorway would be included in the next capital spending plan when this spending plan was announced. The big lobbying effort of late has been to get the motorway added into the current plan.
So this big announcement is basically. We failed. Yeh for us.

We’ll be in hover cars before it’s finished. I get that it’s a big outlay (now they’ll toll it and get it back I’m sure), but they could start with bypasses of Buttevant, Charleville etc. That’d go a long way.

1 Like

The people of Limerick will be out in force

:roll_eyes:

http://www.corkrdo.ie/files/M20_Cork_Limerick_Motorway%20Scheme_Preliminary%20Design_June_2009/handout_01_02.pdf

http://www.corkrdo.ie/files/M20_Cork_Limerick_Motorway%20Scheme_Preliminary%20Design_June_2009/handout_03_04.pdf

You can see the suggested route for the motorway from a few years back here. However, I think that route was then scrapped because there was no junction for buttevant

As if that was a bad thing?

1 Like

In fairness they have been setting up all week. Looks much better and 10 times bigger.

I thought the Food Truck thing was decent, some things a bit overpriced but in general, a good buzz about the place and that’s all you can ask for really.

These things are a bit weather dependent too though.

It’s the Limerick equivalent of the catalina wine mixer.

1 Like

They have the weather for it now anyway

That Limerick City and Co Council for you.
Lets have a big open air food festival. Yes Great Idea. When will we have it lads? Well all the lads are in Kilkee for the summer so lets do it in the middle of November. No wonder the city is half shut.

Edit I know its October but November sounded better as a rant

1 Like

this’ll be mighty, the food truck festival was a highlight of the summer, particularly when the TFK simpletons got all hot and bothered about the fake picture of the lobster roll :rofl:

I must call in for some chips with gravy on the way to the match.

Bring a wad of 50s mate

I wonder will they be doing BBQ swan?

I wonder when you will come up with an original post?

4 Likes