Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

It was there until well into the 90’s, horrible fucking place to swim, you’d be trying to stand up and slipping on seaweed about a foot thick on the bottom, much nicer swim in the actual Shannon if that’s what you are looking to do. It could have been a grand place if anyone cared to maintain it

The Ennis road baths is a fascinating little sideshow here.
Clearly a question that can’t be answered by Google? There is a picture online of the baths in the ‘80s’
My feeling is that @Thomas_Brady is correct due to his actual memories but these can be mixed up.

I’m 100% correct. The two Leinster men need to back off. Before I left Facebook a few years ago an old school friend tagged me in a photo play acting in the pool around 89/90… the pool was packed.

You’ll need to get onto that friend and throw up the picture, along with your birth cert

2 Likes

Townies :wink:

I think he’s only trying to rise me to be honest.

Brady was probably in Corbally Baths and robbing apples on the Mill Road.

She sure it wasn’t just closed for the winter?

All the leppers in Askeaton swim in the leisure centre now

Present the evidence to the court

I lived in Delmege park till 93, pal… I only started secondary in 92 … I don’t think I could have been in there in the early 70s as I wasn’t born and highly unlikely I was walking over as a 3 year old in 82/83

I deleted Facebook… But I’ll get you utter cretins evidence.

We had moved up from Kilkenny as the father had got a job transfer and he was building our house on days off so rented for a year inside in Limerick. I got kicked out of Caherdavin playschool :see_no_evil:

1 Like

No foreigners allowed back then🤣

1 Like

Yea, like I said all my extended family can’t be wrong.

You’re 100% wrong here and so are your family. Unless you are getting confused with somewhere else? I’m talking about the open air public swimming pools that were across from Ryan’s hotel.

If they weren’t open in 1988 I’ll never post on the forum in any guise again.

1 Like

I want a full apology from you and your dozy sister in law. @Bod95 and his WhatsApp group owe me one. I’ll take one from @backinatracksuit for insinuating I might be confused and all my other detractors also.

12 Likes

Has @habanerocat ever made a statement that was correct on this board?

Not since 1971

1 Like

I gave you the sackcloth and ashes last night

I want a proper apology… I demand it.