Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Ah no. Lovely man alright. I’ve been to Shielas a few times, never knew the connection.

Any news on the body found in the burnt-out car?

On another note. I heard the news read on Thugby FM. Can they not at least get pronunciations right for fucks sake? ToornaFowla is how they read it out.

That was fast eddie. An english bloke and sold burgers.

2 Likes

Are you thinking of slim Eddie? Fast Eddie sold empanadas I thought?

Dead right.

I got sick after one of them hot dogs when I was a young pup of 18 or so.

In fairness I had an absolute amount of liquor put away. I ended up at some house party out around Castletroy and landed home around 11am to get a bollicking from the mother. A few hours kip and then back into Limerick to work Munster Final day at Supermacs til closing time.

Being young and not getting hangovers was fucking brilliant, in hindsight

1 Like

:astonished:

Being at the front counter there would be tougher than the match.
I’d rather be in the Somme.

96 was it?

2 Likes
  1. Munster football final. Kerry v Klare, so roaster central. I’d say I was on the grill for the big days. Hot summer’s day with 48 burgers down on the grill, all day long.
2 Likes

Ah there was only 2/300 at that.

What a phenomenal bainisteoir top from that day

3 Likes

I thought a man of your intellect and presence would have bigger things to concern him. Focus your attention on clearing out the travellers, this should be your sole priority.

Would be rag week this week by my recollection. My god you would miss it when working a real job. Sunny weather and day drinking. I do remember one rag week where it snowed and I walked from from the icon to briarfield

1 Like

Pat Morrissey is owed an apology you’d feel

1 Like

Be some week for it. The couch out in the garden in college court laughing at all the apes going to college. I wouldn’t last a day now I’d say.
We were fucked over really, the generation before had a pound a pint, the generation after could buy 20 bottles of Heineken for €16. We had 48 bottles of Ureich for €24 and the only possible way to drink it was so cold it was almost frozen and by the time you got to the end of the bottle it was fucking horrendous. Or 6 cans of Pratsky for €7 and a naggin and down to the lodge and not buy a drink for the night. Glory days.
UL was and is the greatest place on the island to be in college. Everyone lives right around the university in a way you can’t in cork, Galway or Dublin. The greatest education in life was what happened outside of the lecture hall.

5 Likes

I remember i could go out on €22 4 karpackie €5 nagging captain €6 500ml club orange €1.20. €3 for taxi into town. Free into mollys and get some sort of weekly specials on shots for €6. Walk home or bump a taxi.

I remember one year fine wines had gone off oranjeboom for 69c a can. Great value for rag week. One year the guards just walked into the house in college Court looked everyone and waited outside in the paddy wagon for us to come out and arrest us. Over the back fence and through the house on the otherwise to avoid the fuckers

1 Like

90% of UCC students livee within 10 mins walk of the college I’d say. They are allowed go into town too to go drinking and don’t have to stay in the protected zone of the hurlers the lodge and the stables

When I was that?
I’ve never seen Oranjeboom anywhere other than there :grinning:

Twas 50c when I was in college :relaxed:

1 Like

I would say 2014 or 2015, it was only in there as it was on sale. Awful stuff