Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

That podcast series is very promising. The last one about dev and Lincoln jail was very good also

Bunch of Limerick no marks, how embarrassing. Frank Mccourt’s brother FFS

Celia Holman-Lee a notable absentee

And Tom the busker.

Jaysus McCourt is wild shook lookin.The last time I seen him was in the Sunnyside Patrick’s day parade about 15 years ago driving his jeep cause he was too lazy to walk.

2 Likes

The waterfront quarter :clap:

1 Like

Great news. Hopefully make better use of the river view than the other bank.

There’s constant talks of redeveloping Arthurs Quay. But sure they don’t even fucking own it. It took them 10 years to do anything with the Opera site which they actually owned. Might be done for Limerick 2050 maybe

A total of €73.4m will be used to fund plans for the waterfront along the River Shannon which will include the development of the Cleeves Riverside Quarter and the construction of new pedestrian bridges. public realm works and re-alignment of a public road at Arthur’s Quay and Honan’s Quay.

:smiley:

1 Like

That Cleeves site is barely above flood level as well. Be underwater by the time they build it. Underwater Quarter.

4 Likes

How long has the cleeves site been idle? 30 + years?

20 or more since the milk moved out

1 Like

I was working there for the summer in 2005. Started the day after Liverpool beat Milan hungover to fuck… Think 07 it went.

1 Like

I placed a large bet online this morning for a former head of finance there - Native River for four places with PP. He is quite happy

2 Likes

A milk man? He’d probably know my uncle (Shine) worked there for over 20 years.

Used bring the tokens in there for the football. Miserable oul haggered townie gowl with the curly ashen fag attached to her top lip would count them out, one by one. We’ll never see the likes of it again.

2 Likes

and the smell off the tokens. She probably had early covid

1 Like

Oh tie the bag tight, don’t wash the carton before tearing out the token and leave plenty of margin on them in case they just look at the bulk of the bag and guestimate!

A night in the hotpress would have been the right job too. :rofl:

3 Likes

You horrid bastard :smiley:

1 Like