Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

KFC is absolutely disgusting.
I dunno how people like it.

2 Likes

So has he turned his outdoor area into an indoor area?

You’d know. Eh. Eh. Eh

You’d have to listen to the podcast, it’s far too long a story really.
In short Pat Grace met the colonel in Toronto and took the recipe home, the Colonel had fallen out with the buyers of KFC who had changed the recipe, Grace was subsequently forced to stop using Kentucky in the name of the store.

Blindboy does give credit to that YouTube fella @Julio_Geordio

My mother still calls it the kentucky. There’d be a good documentary to be made about Pat Grace. Seems a character

1 Like

The podcast did cover a lot of the Colonels battles with the corporate ownership of KFC and story stacks up in that sense. He did seem a very argumentative type, so the idea that he would give the recipe to someone else out of spite would be believable.

There was a Pat Grace’s on the way into Nenagh up until a decade or so ago if I recall correctly. Same crew?

The corporate world is disgusting. They took that mans business, ruined his product and put his face on marketing campaigns long after they fucked him

Hermitage Green played a gig in (outside) the market this morning, to be honest I’d never heard them before, I think they may have had a song with some radio play though so I can’t be sure, they’re alright.
I was astounded by the amount of people who seemed to know all the songs and were mouthing along, that’s what you need to do to sell a few records I suppose

Bland AND inoffensive. What more could you want

I must give it a go…a childhood friend / neighbour ’ s dad worked there for years. Claude (french)… You’d get the invite in the odd time when he brought home a bucket. In 80s Moyross that was lotto territory for a young lad.

2 Likes

I listened to it there on my run.
He goes on with some awful scutter but that’s a great story.

1 Like

Grace sponsored Limerick United at one time. I remember the court case.

Yeah shoulds about right. I was there long before I was in college

Jason?

1 Like

He sponsored the League of Ireland as a whole too .

If was often used as a derogatory term for the League

1 Like

The very man… Goose.

A proper wild man. Him and Howra had some ding dongs

One of my mates dad was a rep for KP, so we were practically reared on out of date peanuts and mini chips

2 Likes