Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

you’d the voodoo rooms a pound a drink on a monday and then the globe went to a pound a drink on a tuesday… christ there’d be some mess up around that side of town those nights

Few of us went mad there one night from ÂŁ1 vodka and shark.
Went to go the following week but we weren’t let in
“Never come back here again”

3 Likes

i knew one of the doormen very well from Kennedy Park. A gentleman.

Told me to cop the fuck on to myself one night or he’d tell my Grandfather, I copped the fuck on to myself :smiley:

1 Like

Ha ha, what a man. My friend worked in the Gallery/Shebeen in 1999 so if we ventured into town it was usually there. Bakers Place would host a lot of the Clubs and Socs nights so was also a popular haunt. Docs was always more of a standard club experience that lacked the intimacy of the lodge.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’d say twas in the Lodge that I got landed with glandular fever in first year alright

2 Likes

2 double vodkas and a can of shark for ÂŁ5.

Sure it was never going to end well.

1 Like

Where was Voodoo Rooms located again? I fucked off up to Galway for college in the late 90’s so wasn’t that familiar with the Limerick midweek scene.

I remember ÂŁ1 a bottle in Feathery Burkes as a 17 year old in 1996. Great times. Hitting town with a tenner and it would do ya for the night :clap:

2 Likes

Blame the Mary I birds for that I reckon.

Where the High Stool was. Top of Catherine St.

1 Like

this yeah and the globe was around the corner… you wouldn’t be caught dead in either of them on a weekend night then

Above the Desmond Arms I think?

the desmond became the high stool which became the nightclub, I think

Feathery Bourke’s! Brandy & Baileys for 2 quid.

You’d be on your ear coming out of there of a Monday night.

1 Like

Used to be called Cheers also? Had our LC grads night there

Remember their was a rebel bar in Limerick, Sibin was it? Near the george i think.

in the george. it wasn’t a rebel bar at all they used just have the boatmen there of a Saturday night

Shane Costello brilliant event organiser!

Edit: that was the debs sorry he put the spread on for!

1 Like

Defenitely a 7 night a week job. Think it was called Sibin. Dodgy clinetelle but great laugh.

Ya the Shebeen was under the George. Was always a rebel band on Friday and Saturday nights, the Boatmen and the Limerick Men I think

Thats the one, great spot.