Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Ah no, they’ll still exist but the whole county will be part of Limerick city

You know how there was never a North Division in Limerick gaa? We have been waiting a long time to add it on.

Those latest “M20” plans are a fudge and a joke. A series of bypasses and dual carriageway with max speed of 100kph :roll_eyes:

The whole idea of building a motorway, apart from avoiding loss of life like on the current deathtrap road, is to halve the time it takes to go from one city to the other. You might take 20 minutes off the current time with dual carriageway but no more.

The Greens hands are all over this cop-out, those fucking crusty parasites. Please god they’ll be fucked into oblivion in the next election and we can have the motorway that is needed.

1 Like

Can someone enlightened me as to what is the difference between a dual carriage way and a motorway. Particularly in this case?

From my understanding the reason why the road tp shannon isnt a motorway is due to the enterences to private houses and farms. Are they just adding lanes to certain sections to the Limerick cork road?

Gonzaga says no…

That’s exactly it.
Motorways have only slip-way exits and entrances.
So speeds can be higher.

So whats the saving in not building a motorway? To save face for the greens? Of we are building it do it right

1 Like

It’s cheaper, no need for bridges over motorway for regional roads etc. No need to buy up houses along the side.

Or agricultural access. Motorways are best suited to new builds. They’d be lots of underpasses for farmers. You wouldn’t even notice them.

They would also use mainly the roads they have already, Well to Croom and beyond a bit could be dual carriageway without much effort. So big saving there. Ideally I’d like a motorway, but a bypass of Charleville and Buttevant and an improvement of the really bad stretches, you’d take that at this stage.

For a 60min drive a motorway is unnecessary. If it was a cork Galway link then it would make a bit more sense to he a motorway

1 Like

It will be a Cork-Galway link anyway, no?

2 Likes

Good news.

The existing place is swamp

1 Like

What’s a swamp? Greenpark?

I had a feeling they would get planning permission. cc @Julio_Geordio

In fairness - houses and apartments are needed asap.

They basically had to get planning, they went through the fast track and pretty much nothing could be done. They lost their battle to access through SCR though. Which lost them a nice few bob in value I’d say.
It’d be a grand location to live.

1 Like

As in the new development will only be accessed via the Dock Road? That sounds mad.

Sure there’s a big fuck off roundabout on the dock road doing nothing, SCR is jammers. I presume the estate will be able to go onto Scotts once its eventually finished

That end of the SCR could hardly have coped with the traffic from
another 400 houses, perhaps they could have figured out a way in from over by the shopping centre?
Going in from the Dock road will make them much cheaper anyway :man_shrugging: