Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

That polluting cunt of a place should never have been allowed in the first place.

But the last time they thought about sanctioning it, they realised it would cripple every European industry that touched aluminum. They are untouchable

socks or no socks and suits too small for them ?

Liam is a FOTF

Never realised that it produced electricity, enough for 200,000 homes. That’s serious going.

Cahir Castle, Bunratty Castle, Rock of Cashel……

Makes sense really

They were giving a million pounds a month to the ESB in 80s or early 90s so they had to come up with their own source.

Do they sell back into the grid now?

1 Like

Must do, probably generating more than ardnacrusha.

I’d say they use a fair chunk of that electricity themselves @Ambrose_McNulty they were as @TreatyStones says ESBs largest customer for a long time. That red dust doesn’t make itself easily

1 Like

Biggest consumer of electricity in the country. Or at least it used to be.

Whatever about Aughinish, those Nestle bastards in Wyeth are taking an ethical stance in Russia.

Iirc, a lad I knew in college got dragged to a Nestle protest in UL after a one night stand. I think they are cool again now, or maybe, like Kony, we have defeated them.

1 Like

We were dead against Nestle in UL for some reason.

Nestle have murdered more babies than Vlad could ever dream of

What’s the story with Keith Earls’ Coffee?

I thought it was just a wholesale business out in Annacotty but now I hear he’s opened a coffee shop on the Shelbourne Road beside St. Camillus’. Another coffee shop on the North Side…

the cafe quarter ?

1 Like

I would have thought we’d have had you well trained in on all matters latte related at this stage?

The cafe wing three-quarters.

2 Likes

We are, to such an extent I’m thinking of growing coffee plants in the greenhouse now.

2 Likes

Lads, there was a video posted somewhere on here the other day I’m trying to find.

Had George Hamilton interviewing Limerick goal keeper and Al Finucane back in the 80s. Anyone recall where to find the link?

3 Likes

There was a piece yesterday on lunchtime live yesterday on Newstalk about Limericks. Yesterday was world Limerick day. They had an academic on Dr Malachy something, Nolan or Dunne or something like that who has written a book on the origin of the Limerick. His theory is that it was a poetic form developed in county Limerick by the Maigue circle of poets.

3 Likes