Matters Regarding Limerick šŸ™ļø

Thatā€™s the theory put forward in that video too.

The alternative theory put forward is Limericks are dirty and so is the city.

1 Like

Youā€™d get a grand jacket for 9.95 in the Winter Sale.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Wikipedia says too.

As ever, the connection is something I think Limerick doesnā€™t make the most of, although by all accounts there is/was a ā€œBring Your Limericks to Limerickā€ Festival running for a few years.

A question for Pā€™well folk. Thereā€™s an elderly man youā€™d see a lot standing around the village, well presented but ā€œnot the full shillingā€ for want of a better word/not to offend anyone. No idea how else to describe him!

Thatā€™s Ciaran.

3 Likes

Ah right . Iā€™ve only ever seen him while driving through, heā€™s be walking up and down but always as neat and tidy as can be , when compared to the rest of the roasters youā€™d see walking up and down the street ā€¦.

Tall, thin and the pinstripe suit hanging off him? Hair grey and scruffy?

Thatā€™s Bernardā€¦

A grand auld divil, lives with his brother. A testament to the village that heā€™s not bothered or harassed. I think his surname is Mulqueen.

3 Likes

Ya John Mulqueen, absolutely harmless he was knocked down as a young teen was never right after it. His father Jimmy known as the China man was a gas character was good friends with my own grandfather he was never seen without a pipe in his mouth and sure enough died from tounge cancer.

2 Likes

And is old Bernard still around?

Not as much as ye used to, he lives across the road from the old Crecora graveyard and always used to walk or thumb a lift but heā€™s pushing on and the man was always frail.

2 Likes

Went into the Texas Steakout earlier. The loaded potato skins are no longer on the menu. Severely disappointed at that

1 Like

Well bollix to that. They were lovely.

How was the steak pal?

Any sign of Davy Fitz?

Cork camogie game vs Clare this eve. Went to double extra time before they won.

They replaced it with loaded wedges. Sure everwhere has that now

I went for a change and got the steak fajitas. Unreal. Could barely get up the stairs. The garlic bread with cheese for a started was a great shout too.

1 Like

Some dump youā€™ll have after that

Paolo is coming to the Big Top

2 Likes