Matters Regarding Limerick šŸ™ļø

Iā€™ve seen dangerous driving but i wouldnā€™t often see worse than above.

Have you seen video?
It says a car undertook a bus at speed

Are you saying you regularly see undertaking at speed in the hard shoulder of single lane national routes?
Iā€™m driving over 35,000 km a year and havenā€™t seen it once in 30 years.

1 Like

I find that hard to believe but who am I to say.
Iā€™ve definitely seen it happen, of course itā€™s a lot more common to make extremely dangerous manoeuvres while overtaking,

Iā€™m not defending anything here, :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Itā€™s like there has to be a row :man_shrugging:

Did you win?

No row, last and only time I saw undertaking in a hard shoulder (other than when a vehicle is turning right) is nordies on the N8 heading to Feile in Cork in '95.

1 Like

Any names yet? I assume itā€™s related to the simmering feud in the area.

:rainbow: fella the victim - poss got shot after being sent round to this gaff by Aprilā€™s fla

1 Like

I saw the armed response unit flying past the peopleā€™s park earlier I was wondering what was happening

As you were strolling down to Tom Collins was it?

Round 2 is a boxing match in the carpark of lidl charlaville

If a horse wonā€™t go on that down to Rourkes Cross it wonā€™t gon on anything. Fairest test in the country.

1 Like

Iā€™ve unfortunately seen this same thing happen with my own eyes three times now - cars undertaking at speed in the hard shoulder same as youā€™d pass someone out. In every one of those incidents it was travellers - UK reg cars around Christmas time. It is maddeningly dangerous.

They will kill an innocent person and simply flee across fields to be picked up afterwards by friends or relatives and two days later they are back in England. Iā€™m not sure what can be done about it. Speaking to an off duty Garda he told me they have a convoluted insurance system in place where basically there could be 200 cars insured under the same manā€™s name, but then there are a myriad of ā€˜named driversā€™ for each car and these policies are taken out with dodgy upstart European insurance companies. Most of the travellers then have the same name so itā€™s hard to trace the right Thomas whatever that was maybe driving/fled the car - when heā€™s resident in England 50 weeks of the year. A very difficult situation and itā€™s no wonder they keep doing it without fear. It is too difficult catch red handed the perpetrator and when you do it comes out heā€™s only on a holiday here.

1 Like

if people driving cars hit people on bikes, cars might get scratched

Dublin Commuter Coalition on X: ā€œTo be clear, this Cllr is acknowledging that drivers cross into cycle lanes, which implies they will potentially kill a cyclist, yet is more concerned with minor damage to the driversā€™ cars! Nothing more populist in irish politics than supporting happy careless speeding drivers.ā€ / X (twitter.com)

Limerick Urban Cycling on X: ā€œChilders Road cycle lane nearly complete. Looking good so far! Making cheap transport accessible to a lot more people. https://t.co/LKpMUU8sYEā€ / X (twitter.com)

Niceā€¦the locals can bounce rock off cyclists instead of motorists now.

1 Like

Why is the lane set up for people to cycle on the right rather than the more usual left?

Thatā€™s the way all two way cycle lanes are setup here, I canā€™t remember the reasoning.

Canā€™t have the line facing oncoming traffic nearest traffic or theyā€™ll be blinded at night