Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

They do of course they’ve just been priced out of it. The move to allow nightclubs open til 6am will reinvigorate a lot of places.

Eadstwoods
Images
Phaoraohs

I don’t recognise those.

That’s not looking like it’s gonna get done now? Ho Ho Helen put hate speech and durex relationships top of her bill and stuff like the economy and business will work itself out.

1 Like

Would seem stupid to me not to do it, later licensing would just bring us closer to the European normal. I find it funny that awkward squad adjacent has-been useless former ministers like Charlie Flanagan think they can win back votes for FG by shelving such measures. I suppose next they’ll want to make sure pubs stay shut on good Friday and bring back mother and baby homes.

The industry needs it, it’s dying.

The must have been shopping in Casey’s

1 Like

Do we really need pubs in Limerick City, or even one pub in Limerick City open until 6am?

I’ve been in plenty of European cities and Beach resorts and bar the crazy places the ordinary pubs all seem to close about 11pm.

Do we want Limerick to be the new Magaluf with everything that goes with it?

Bars won’t be open till 6.

check your change if purchasing in the back bar.

That’s an odd response. The licensing laws would change across all of Ireland not just in Limerick. The late opening is for night clubs.

They will have the option to be open till 6. I’d imagine very few will. It would avoid the emptying of bars and nightclubs at the same time which is surely a good thing.

Although I don’t see how young people who can’t afford to go out now, will suddenly be able to afford to stay out until 6. I’d imagine youngsters will start going out later and stay out until the buses restart.

Wouldn’t it be great if half 12 came around and your options weren’t go home or go to some cunt of a late bar or nightclub. Options would be nice.

Surely some.variation of the Cairo in the Parkway?

The proposal to have pubs close at 12.30 and late bars close at 2.30 makes sense in principle. In practice it probably won’t make a huge difference for a lot of pubs apart from staying open a bit later on a Sunday maybe. I can’t see later hours being profitable Monday to Wednesday for most premises.

With only approx. 100 clubs in the country it’s hardly worth worrying too much about it, particularly when most of them are just an extension of the pub rather than actual music/entertainment venues. Who would want to be the owner of the one nightclub in Limerick or anywhere else in the country outside Dublin that has people looking to pile in at 2 or 3am.

Yokes?

Isn’t this the problem?

If owners switch their licence from pub or late bar to nightclub it will obviously give them the freedom to stay open but I wonder how many would actually make that switch when it comes down to it.

Absolutely no need for licenced premises to remain open until 6am.

This is being driven by woke, Far Left politicians and civil servants who want us to be ‘more European’. We’ve fuck all in common with lots of Europe, in reality. Trying to ape their drinking habits won’t end well for us.

1 Like

Instead of getting a pizza/kebab after a night out it’ll be a case of wandering into the nearest Centra/Spar for a breakfast roll.

2 Likes

I think you’ve missed the point. That there are only 100 nightclubs is a problem, hundreds have closed.

Yeah but against that you need to factor in that you’re an out of touch small minded simpleton.

2 Likes