Matters Regarding Limerick šŸ™ļø

A palā€™s brother is part of recently formed panel to get through the backlog of refugee applications. Hed be a very fair and reasonable guy imo. If you had to pick, youd go with him likely being more soft hearted than hard-nosed if anything.

He has adjudicated on 30 applications and their respective interview so far. Only 1 has met the criteria and approved for refugee status.

He also said though he could.have the capacity to get through more applications, they dont eant to rush the process or overburden the adjuticators which seems a reasonable position.

Perhaps expanding the panel.of adjudicators is needed but thats an easy observation from outside looking in

1 Like

Because hitherto this year, those in the Dept of Immigration didnā€™t want the hassle of thoroughly reviewing every single application. Thatā€™s my assumption. Now that the tide of public opinion has turned, theyā€™re being forced to scrutinise each application.

The government seemed happy to approve many applications from ā€œsafe countriesā€ until various media outlets highlighted it the issue with it.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s correct, I think itā€™s the opposite.

The safe country designation makes it faster and easier to refuse applications. So it should mean that the majority of applications from those countries will be declined faster.

By adding a number of countries to the safe list they should get through the applications from those countries with more noā€™s faster.

Thatā€™s my understanding anyway.

But just because somewhere is designated a safe country doesnā€™t mean that every application from there is invalid. People can still be persecuted in those countries. Iā€™d say most commonly in Albania and Georgia it might be targeting by crime gangs. Thereā€™s African countries designated safe where girls might be at risk of FGM.

I saw it, he was steaming in the airport. :joy:

He went fairly handy on himself in Limerick. About 6 pints in three days

Iā€™m sure there are many genuine cases from designated ā€˜safe countriesā€™, of that thereā€™s no doubt. Iā€™m also sure the majority of them are now being refused though, as they are simply economic migrants claiming asylum while not fleeing actual persecution.

Fr Russell Road is some mess these days

1 Like

Hereā€™s what you started with

Hereā€™s where you are now

Then you go on to say

But the figures you posted above showed that the majority of them were being refused already.

So whatā€™s your point?

https://twitter.com/elisaodonovan/status/1802706940813787236?s=46&t=mqzTzgmAsmn_yRTvOWvmPg

You caught in the traffic jam yesterday? :grin:

The top 4/5ths nearly done now, just some resurfacing to go.

Going to be a fine mess if they attack the bottom section in the next week or so.

Beyond a joke.

Been the bane of my life for weeks, but they took the fucking piss yesterday. They should have just closed the road. I was up near the top of the queue, so I kept waiting thinking, it canā€™t be much longer, but it fucking was :joy:

Donā€™t try it today

I have no choice, have to get to the creche

I have you now. You can park in my place and walk over :grin:

Donā€™t want you losing valuable time on the couch

Iā€™m invoicing them for my time.

Looks like they are nearly done thank fuck. Although they have made shit of every exit off the road. Be a bit of work sorting that yet

A bunch of mayo hardy bucks run by a nordie ganger. Good luck with your invoice.

Iā€™ve admired their fairly nonchalant approach to health and safety.

They arenā€™t wasting any time with traffic management plans or anything like that.

Fucking bus got stuck going down there yesterday.

Did the residents on the dooradoyle end win their battle? Seems to be no sign of them going up any further than they have

Ganger told me a couple of months back that they were waiting for school hols to attack that end