Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

This is NOT a windup. My OIUTF yearnings and my love of the excellent feed the Texas Steakout consistently serves up are separate lanes on the highway that is my INTERNET persona

2 Likes

I had visions of you jetting off to Rome or Paris not a care in the world with your life partner in tow. Eating some freshly made pasta with basil picked off a plant growing in the resteraunt garden

I’m not mad. Just disappointed

I’m hoping to go to Rome and Florence at the end of the month. Looking for recommendations on what’s the nearest Florentine equivalent to the Texas Steakout. What do the local roasters eat?

1 Like

Tourists

Yes.

What was the name of the old Chinese place on Patrick st that was a knocking shop?

You’ll be hard pushed to get chips and mash and carrots and turnups with your lasagna in Florence.

1 Like

You have me there

Bistecca alla Fiorentina

Chips, Mash and Potato Gratin all on the one plate is ‘signature roaster’, that’s the ultimate really

4 Likes

Throw in a roastie as well while your at it

1 Like

Rome couldn’t produce something as beautiful as The Steakout.

1 Like

Same place kid, now shut your fucking mouth.

Who’s the aul lad who does be wearing the scream mask standing on the Limerick Rd out of Ballylanders regular enough? :grinning:

He do be.

@carryharry knows all about Do Be

2 Likes

The limerick post says there’s a second market opening on Saturdays in Limerick that will focus on crafts etc.

It’s been a long time since I was in there but I thought there was already a crafts section in there or maybe that was on Sundays? And where have they room to expand on Saturdays at the current site?

Its cause of space restrictions on the current site due to covid.

If there was ever a crowd to overestimate the value of their offering tis them selling ‘crafts’.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m all for Killarneying the shit out of the yanks and the germans but they haven’t a notion of dual pricing.

The Dutch hillwalker living above in Kinwarra or below in Kinshale hasn’t a hope of selling her organic goat spunk to Mick the Muldoon at anything close to their valuation. They should be well able to work on a nod/wink with the locals where everyone wins.

3 Likes

Nah, she actually needs to charge more and get her produce into farmers markets in SoCo Dublin. Unless they’re getting gouged the snowflakes don’t want to pay for it. Ask anyone selling anything in these markets, they’ll confirm as much