Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Not just this pictures but there is a lot of old pictures of the city that are stunning. Cruises street reminds me of an English shopping street. No character

1 Like

William Street 1974

21 Likes

Not a set of hazards in sight.

Not much has changed.

Lovely morning for Lough Gur

13 Likes

One of my favourite places… Majestic on a day like today.

1 Like

The ancestors had a way with seeing gods and the land being one… Everything was tied to fertility and harvest. Aine, the sun goddess of Munster, associated with Lough Gur… Was often described as the Lough herself… With the lake being her womb and that island in shot being her seed.

2 Likes

I’ve never actually gone up any of the hills around the lake, I presume you’d be hopping gates and crossing private land to go up?

The hill that looms over the lake has a path, you can go straight up but it’s very steep and dangerous when wet, easier to do it in a more roundabout way and you’ll possibly have a few dozen cows for company but you wouldn’t be the only one doing that on a nice day.
Just follow the path with the lake on your left to the very end, there’s a couple of stiles to go over but no gates

2 Likes

I pushed a buggy up the track just to get that photo and the Nice reply

2 Likes

Knockadoon I think the hill is called

1 Like

I hear Askeaton is riddled with Covid. @TreatyStones @Julio_Geordio please sign in.

1 Like

Riddled.

The Hartys and Quilligans had a marquee at the TOTT last week for a communion and that’s where it came from apparently. TOTT is closed.

1 Like

That’s the story alright. A bit reckless going ahead with the marquee.

A tinker being reckless, never heard of that before

4 Likes

There is a one off build being built in from the end of the tarmacadamed path. I thought it was bizarre that planning was given in such an historic area

Ye boys appear to let the tinkers do what they like down there

Tinkers do what they like no matter where they are

Not all of em. Go move shift.