Matters Regarding Limerick šŸ™ļø

Informative rating.

Easy blame the travellers. I know of plenty of settled people who have had parties in recent times.

Same pub was in court and lost for not letting them in

Iā€™d burn it down before Iā€™d let them in

1 Like

I blame the top. Heā€™s smarter than that

Had a few pints in limerick city tonight. Bizarre enough to see the way itā€™s working. Hit flannerys on Denmark street for the BBQ first. Hate the pub but the food is very nice. Burger is top notch.

Walked up to the new Brewery place after and we couldnā€™t get in. Wasnā€™t jammed but all the seats were gone. Said weā€™d be waiting half an hour. Pity I wanted to give it a whirl but glad itā€™s doing well already.

Headed for mother macs instead and had three pints of scraggy bay. Nom nom nom.
Flannerys on wickham street closed for some reason, wanted to give them a twist as well.

Home on the couch now, tipped away at 11, to beat the crowd at half past.

Great to have a few pints but all very weird to be sitting at a table waving your hand all night

1 Like

Had ye someone to mind the nipper? Iā€™m going to drink a fair few tomorrow night, I think weā€™ll be taking two steps back soon enough.

Herself parents were down for the weekend so we went for a few. Iā€™d say drink it up this weekend kid. Weā€™ll be locked down again soon I reckon. Whether it makes sense or not

I drove through Douglas village last night about 8.30 and it was Like Christmas with the amount of people out ā€¦ All the pubs and eateries were jointed. They can lock it down for two weeks all they want, people are done with this thing and will be back acting normal as soon as itā€™s opened again. The strategy from the top is all wrongā€¦

1 Like

I see Dr Pat Morrissey from Adare was guest speaker at the no mask Yellow Vest march in Dublin yesterday

1 Like

Do you believe the imposition of mandatory mask wearing has been a success? Otherwise, whats your point exactly? @Massey

I say fairplay to him anyway for giving his opinion knowing itā€™ll likely cost him his career as a doctor.

Makes a lot of good points -

I donā€™t know what to think at this stage to be honest.

1 Like

Adare lads out after the county final win.
The pubs in Adare seem to have been given free rein to flout the restrictions from the get go.

2 Likes

And they youā€™ve Charlie Chawkie playing the poor me card above in Dublin.

Theyā€™ve been doing what they like since ā€œrestaurantsā€ were allowed reopen.

Ya, thatā€™s what I meant. People were getting drink without food in all those pubs the day they reopened, but the guards crucified the one pub that was open in Askeaton.

1 Like

What is the mood in the town like towards the top? I had it out with a ballysteener I know the other day. Thereā€™s some made rumours being spread. What happened the time he ended up in court with the travellers ?

Mixed, didnā€™t do himself any favours by having the marquee outside but in general heā€™s been running a good ship and any time I was there they were strict on the 6 to a table and no mixing between groups.