Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

I’ve fuck all else to do without the gondolas in the winter

It seems to indicate it was going on for a number of years so that would limit the pool of suspects.

I’m told it’s not a Councillor.
Just alleged dodgy dealings between a council staff and a construction contractor.

Only one person in icu in the regional with covid.

1 Like

hadn’t ever seen a photo of Woolworths in Limerick

1 Like

That goes on everywhere. Somebody cut out one of the middle men

The rubbish overflowing from Burgerland out front

Be interesting to see who, if anyone, buys this. Can’t think of many bar Penny’s who could make a shop that size work in this day and age. Maybe there could be a Penny’s block altogether

Contractor was getting paid extra money from the council for work that was never done. The council official was getting work done around his own place in return.

Non-retail use perhaps, or is there a zoning issue there?

I was flabbergasted at the €9m price tag

It’s a big property. Three floors at least?

9 might be ambitious though. How much did the old Dunnes go for?

There would be a zoning issue, although I’d imagine they might be willing to change it up to have something in there. But it’s not going to be offices the way things are at the minute and for €9m plus whatever to convert it you’ll never make it pay for apartments etc.

Just had a look. UL bought the old Dunnes, a bigger site, for 8m. But that had been idle for over a decade

Now that’s a memory!

€8m for a slightly smaller floor space. That’s a much nicer location though I would say and it was in different times when offices didn’t seem like an alien concept.

There was no Burgerland in those days. That’s just general rubbish I’d say.

Bizzarely the guys developing the building at the old ESB site have gone back to the council looking to add an extra two floors of office space due to demand.

Aren’t they the apes who had planning for more floors and then decided to make it smaller?