Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Ya, now they want to make it bigger again. Proposed pictures of it look decent

Gas bastards, they must have a tenant for it

I thought/heard that Burgerland was on William Street?

It was yeah. On the left there before the hardware.

You’re right, I didn’t look at the street correctly… See the mature couple to the right of bus, with the lady in blue dress? That’s my grandparents.

3 Likes

Be ideal for a co-living type apartment space.

City centres as they used to be in terms of retail are gone.

Its sad to see.

Edit here: but with these lockdowns peoples habits around spending are going to stay online.

Very grim outlook once the government doesnt cover everything for the small family business.

That is O’Connell st as a two-way. Savins is there on the right.

2 Likes

What year did Savin’s stop selling records and tapes ???

Standard enough practice.

You’d be at nothing in the Council if you didn’t have at least three contractors giving you back handers.

1 Like

Don’t hate the player.

Mid- Late 90s I’d say? They did CDs too for a bit.

Around that time you could buy music at HMV, Golden Discs at Todd’s and Arthur’s Quay, Savin’s, Empire. Out of town, you could get stuff at Music Lane in the Parkway. We didn’t go to the Crescent much back then. Can’t remember if somewhere sold music there, surely there was?

1 Like
1 Like

Have you a year for that?
Got those conkers out in Mary I by the way. Great tree. :+1:

1 Like

The snotty floor manager in there was a right bollix. Wouldn’t take a faulty CD back for me. First time I had murder with anybody in a shop.

The young lad in there at the time was grand. He moved up to that music shop at the top of William Street after. I wasn’t surprised.

TFK call for this ages ago

1 Like

There’ll be no store fronts at all soon. So that’ll solve that one

2 Likes

We’ll have the best lookin’ kebab shops in the world.

Inside, however, they will still look like a dirty protest is after taking place

A nice artisan painted sign for a mobile phone repair shop