Matters Regarding Limerick šŸ™ļø

There was an interesting whistleblower type blog a good few years back calling out some of the goings on within the agency in charge of Regeneration.

1 Like

An absolute cluster fuck Iā€™d say

If people knew the half of what went on, there would be a riot. Actually there wouldnā€™t. There would be a clamour to get a slice of the action and afterwards a shrug of the shoulders. Fighting Irish my hoop.

Bastards knocked plenty of fine houses when it was a chance, a job and a few quid at the start was needed to incentivise fellas.

Blacktrack

1 Like

Thatā€™s the spot. I remember it now

Is the soccer field (Shelbourne Park ?) that was behind the maternity hospital still used ??

@Thomas_Brady @EstebanSexface

2 Likes

Mainly a park now

1 Like

It was always primarily used as a park.

yeah but they did a good bit of work there about 5 years ago to upgrade the play area.

it was a shit pitch anyway. Are Shelbourne after moving?

Shelbourne still play in there, they have dressing rooms and all.
Itā€™s not a bad pitch really.

I played against Shelbourne there nearly 30 years ago in a pre season game

Itā€™s still thereā€¦ The pitch ainā€™t badā€¦ but nothing special. Played lower league with Shels a few years agoā€¦ Much worse pitches than it around.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be able to think of many off the top of my head, some of the bogger teams maybe, the one out there by the cats cradle thats sideways on a hill

Ah stopā€¦ Half of Limerickā€¦ It was bad in the warmer months alrightā€¦but it held up well in winter which is all you wanted. We played Cals in Rathurd and it was like being in a swamp ā€¦ A certain ref who drives a moped said it was grand and took his money.

2 Likes

Rathuardā€™s pitches were lovely back when I was playing in Limerick. Wembley had a lovely pitch out there.

Maybe doing Shelbourneā€™s pitch a disservice. I didnā€™t play on it much and hated it. Again thatā€™s going back a good 15 years +

Did you ever have the good fortune to have the ref in Limerick whoā€™s deaf?

Pitch in Shelbourne park was a fine job.
We used to play Moyross there