Matters Regarding Limerick šŸ™ļø

not that I recall and thatā€™s something youā€™d recall. Had the fella who had no voice and used one of those throat things to give you a bollocking.

Thereā€™s two pitchesā€¦ The one to the left looking in is leased to Ballaā€¦ itā€™s the better of the two.

1 Like

It wasnā€™t bad but public pitches always harder to maintain .

is there any team playing on the astro full time in Limerick?

I didnā€™t know he was deaf the first time we had himā€¦ Onto him looking for decisions and heā€™d just keep jogging. Lads calling him every name under the sun and not an eyelid battedā€¦ Then out of no where heā€™d book a fella for dissent when nothing was said :laughing:ā€¦ Mental shit.

1 Like

I think Aisling are/were?

Noel Dunphy used make up rules as the game was going on the mad bastard

Limerick refs were all mental cuntsā€¦ George Clancy used to blackguard me all the timeā€¦ And the mad cunt whose voice sounded like it was gone all the time :laughing:

he got one of them throat amplifier things eventually. are you sure you arenā€™t thinking of Jimmy Cla? Frank Oā€™Neill was the best ref around when I was playing. Eddie Clancy was good for a while as well

Maybe it was Jimmyā€¦ I worked with him for a short while later on in Dellā€¦half of Limerick must have threatened him.

I remember when Prospect had a very good team in the early 90ā€™s youā€™d the Reddans, Aidan Ryan, Stephen Clancy, they were winning all round them. I used to go down every second Sunday to Cals and thereā€™d be 2 or 3 deep around the field watching them. Fellas lined up along the wall then. Some rough characters. The ref was just intimidated from the first whistle until he was gone in his car. Some teams were beat in the dressing rooms up there.

The other teams were just beat in the dressing rooms then.

1 Like

now that was a shit pitch.

did you ever see Christy Reddan play?

He was a class player . Definitely LOI standard .

Easily. His brother Martin was brilliant as well. I havenā€™t a fucking clue how they ended up playing with Prospect. Their father was a huge Janesboro man

A lot of the best junior players in town traditionally couldnā€™t be arsed playing LOI. A lot of extra hassle etc .

I know that, but the better Junior players ended up at Fairview, Pike or the Boro. I donā€™t know how the Reddans played for Prospect for so long. Not just the Reddans either, youā€™d Aidan Ryan who was absolutely gifted as well

I think some lads are getting confused here between the LPYMA Grounds behind the Maternity Hospital and the two pitches in Shelbourne Park opposite St Camillusā€™ Hospital on Shelbourne Road.

The top pitch in Shelbourne Park is of course as mentioned Shelbourne AFC. The bottom pitch was used by Ballnanty Rover up to about five years ago as I was at a Balla game there. I presume they still use it. As far as I know both pitches are owned by the corporation. There used be a GAA field there years ago.

The LPYMA is a bit of an unknown to me to be honest. The wife, a local woman, says itā€™s still used for training but hasnā€™t seen a match there in years.

One of the underage clubs was using it but thatā€™s a couple of years ago at least

I didnā€™t even know there was a pitch there.