Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

who did you play with @Ashman?

Google gives me this. Looks like Shelbourne AFC are in control of it but not sure if this means they own it.

https://www.limerick.ie/sites/default/files/media/documents/2020-10/02e-disposal-lpyma-grounds-ennis-road.pdf

I was thinking that, sure the Maternity hospital is a good bit away from Shelbourne Park.

ah it isn’t. it’s across the road.

You are thinking of St Camilus’s

the back of shelbourne park is almost touching the maternity field. You cross Farranshone road and you’re there

The Strand Hotel is across the road* from the Maternity

*and down a bit.

@Thomas_Brady

do you ever remember Corbally playing down by the river? You’d to walk through fields to get to the pitch? Was that at the back of Shannon banks?

1 Like

Kilcolman out west .

would that be near Ardagh?

Yes . Lots of clubs back then around that area .

Shannon Fields down the back of the Irish Estates (flat roofed houses). Sure every kid in Corbally (who are now over a certain age) played matches down there

Might have played one down there before myself. Were there still matches there mid 90s?

I gave away a penalty v Corbally in a home game before. We went on to lose 3 nil :slightly_frowning_face:

It’s mad how teams from different counties play in the Limerick District League.

Newport, Holycross and Nenagh Tipp.
Corbally is technically Clare.
Charleville, Cork.

Any Kerry teams in the Desmond @TreatyStones @Ashman

Two.
Tarbert/Ferry Rangers and Abbeyfeale.

6 Likes

How’s that?

They are all Kerry fuckers up there.

2 Likes

Just read there that tarbert have slung their hook from the desmond and have moved to the KDL.

By god. They were always shit anyways.

That Holycross is out by Lough gur. Typical townie

7 Likes