Matters Regarding Limerick 🏙️

Yep. That’s exactly my thoughts on it.

The Leader trying to make something sensationalist out of it. It’s a queue. There’s order to it and it’s not particularly long. The shop is open and if they want to spend money there , that’s their prerogative.

3 Likes

What if they’ve work? Or they want to do it before bringing the kids to school? Or they’d just rather go early in the day?

3 Likes

None of that matters, it offends @Julio_Geordio sensibilities

Yes mate. I’m very offended

Why waste time queueing before a shop opens when you can just walk in when it’s open.

1 Like

It isn’t BT on Stephen’s Day. I’m sure there are a few there at Penny’s just for the ‘craic’ or whatever but plenty in a different boat too

Because the bus from O’Malley or Raheen or Moyross or wherever may not coincide with the exact time of the shop opening

:smiley:

1 Like

and you aren’t very sensible

We need to let Julio free to do a vox pop on the queue

That English chap who thinks he’s Loius Theroux did one on newstalk. One woman was queueing because she had family coming home for Christmas and needed to buy 12 sets of pyjamas for some reason, another was queueing because she wanted to buy lashes, another said it was something to do etc etc

Lovely bit of niggle here. I presumed people queued outside these shops for the photo ops.

Do dunnes and Penney’s not have online stores as well?

For the gram

Because I don’t presume everyone else structures the 24 hours in their day the same way as I do . I don’t know anything about the people in the queue’s circumstances or responsibilities.

My Mrs works in a shopping centre. On weekdays she finds that one of the busiest times of the day is after the school drop offs. Early/late openings will facilitate a more spread out custom throughout the day and keep queues smaller.

Penneys is not online.

In fairness, he’s a journalist. That could make headlines in the Leader.

Would imagine if a favourite “wet” pub opened at midnight, there’d be similar queues.

Clothes for children made by children :clap:

6 Likes

Disposable clothes made by disposable people

I’ve huge issues with the ethical and environmental practices of somewhere like Penneys, as well as the notion of fast fashion, and don’t shop there myself (perhaps I’m in a more privileged position that I don’t have to, or perhaps it’s because it’s because I don’t buy much clothes. I buy decent garments, and wear them for years.)

However, they’re not the only ones. A lot of more expensive brands also have dubious manufacturing practices, to put it mildly.