Memorable Performances

wrong year pal…

:eek:
so there was more?

John McDermott.

Meath versus Galway, 2001 All Ireland Final.

With his team getting beaten all over the pitch McDermott kept on fighting. He was a fantastic player.

Mattie Forde
League vs Galway when he scored 4-5 or something
Championship vs Offaly when he scored 2-10
Championship vs Armagh when he retired Francie Bellew

People go on about Joe Cooney’s performance against Cork in an All Ireland Semin in 1987 I think.

Jim Cashman who was marking him went into the dressing room at half time, threw his hands up in the air and said that Cooney was unplayable.

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 918339, member: 109”]Mattie Forde
[/QUOTE]
Good ol Galway, good times had out of that game.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 918342, member: 24”]People go on about Joe Cooney’s performance against Cork in an All Ireland Semin in 1987 I think.

Jim Cashman who was marking him went into the dressing room at half time, threw his hands up in the air and said that Cooney was unplayable.[/QUOTE]
That was the first half of the 1990 final.

Bernard Flynn in 1991 was the best individual performance I’ve seen from a forward in an All-Ireland football final.

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 918339, member: 109”]Mattie Forde
Championship vs Offaly when he scored 2-10
Championship vs Armagh when he retired Francie Bellew[/QUOTE]

neither are achievements of note

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 918347, member: 183”]That was the first half of the 1990 final.

Bernard Flynn in 1991 was the best individual performance I’ve seen from a forward in an All-Ireland football final.[/QUOTE]

He scored something like 1-6 or 1-7 in that half but only a point in the 2nd half. It was my first living memory of witnessing a Galway bottling.

Do you remember that?

How old were you then?

Bernard Brogan

1st half versus Cork All Ireland semi 2010

:clap:

Old enough to remember it very well.

Ian Ryan - Limerick V Meath 2008

What did he score again? Something ridiculous.

Neither?

3-7 I think out of 4-12

Conor Beirne

Eslin versus Glencar Manaorhamilton.

Leitrim Intermediate football final 2013.

Scored 2-6 out of 2-6 despite having three lads on him all the time.

John Mullane’s 3-1 losing a Munster final to Cork or his (almost) solo defiance against KK in 2008.