Memorable Performances

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 918366, member: 24”]Conor Beirne

Eslin versus Glencar Manaorhamilton.

Leitrim Intermediate football final 2013.

Scored 2-6 out of 2-6 despite having three lads on him all the time.[/QUOTE]

whats the story on the longford lad who went playing for leitrim and now has gone back to longford?..why did he switch and is he any use?

John Leahy against Galway 1994 league final, also his displays in both Munster Finals in 1991.

John Galvin V Kerry Munster final 2010.

Me when I scored all my team’s points in our county final victory.

There was no bottling, Cork hurled them into oblivion in the 2nd half.

Enda Williams.

He isn’t bad. He played well for us in the qualifiers in 2012.

I think it was as simple as him not getting his game for Longford under Glen Ryan but now he is back in favour again.

Strange carry on.

Galway bottled it right at the moment Martin Naughton blasted the ball at Ger Cunninghams head rather than calmly slotting home which would have put the game beyond Corks reach. A couple of mins later Mulcahy got Corks 2nd goal to bring Cork back into it.

Padhraic Joyce 2001 v. Meath.

11 points that day i believe nine or 10 in the second half.

Nicky English v Antrim 1989

[QUOTE=“count of monte cristo, post: 918430, member: 348”]Padhraic Joyce 2001 v. Meath.

11 points that day i believe nine or 10 in the second half.[/QUOTE]

He was everywhere that day. Majestic.

Liverpool fans, Hillsborough, April 1989

So Ger cunninghams incredible bravery meant nothing?
This is the perfect example of “bottling” being called completely wrongly. The vast majority of the time the winners just play well. That Galway team didn’t bottle, Cork just hadn’t played well, when they did they destroyed them.

The often under rated performance of Donnacha O Connor in 2010 semi final and final against Dublin and Down. “Clutch” as the yanks say.

Do you come from a broken home? You crave attention like an ignored child.

Sage Stallone’s tour de force performance as Robert Balboa Jr in Rocky V.

Michael Meehan in the all Ireland quarter (?) final v Kerry a few years ago in the lashing rain. Possibly the single best performance by a footballer I’ve seen, shame he has been so plagued by injury.

On his day, the best footballer in the country to watch. Pity his days are few and far between in the last few years.

That was astounding.

0-11 or 0-12 points off Marc O’Se

I seem to recall Dara O’Se giving a masterclass against Armagh in a quarter final some years back. It could have been when Donaghy retired Francie Bellew.

EDIT: Notice I didn’t give Donaghy much credit for ‘retiring Bellew’.

This is a depressing thread for a Galway man to be looking at…

Meehan masterclass V Kerry LOST THE GAME
Canning masterclass V Cork LOST THE GAME
Cooney masterclass V Cork LOST THE GAME