Michael Healy Rae

[quote=“Mac, post: 214811”]

TRE’s silence on this is deafening[/quote]
I called upon ye all to vote this prick for COTY. I’d rather wipe my arse with the ballot paper then give him a vote

No problem mate. Mac was high on my list anyway

Met some Healy Rae supporters at a wedding last time I was back in the sod. Peculiar people

[quote=“KIB man, post: 214813”]

No problem mate. Mac was high on my list anyway

Met some Healy Rae supporters at a wedding last time I was back in the sod. Peculiar people[/quote]
Apes. I ran them out of my yard when they called around canvassing before. Any lad that thinks a photo shoot up on a piebald pony looks good needs help.

The people of Kerry are lucky to have elected such an articulate and intelligent man who has his finger on the pulse of the main issues impacting our country

INDEPENDENT TD Michael Healy-Rae says too much money is being spent on road signs – because local people know exactly where they’re going.

The Kerry South TD – who has been pictured canvassing on the back of a donkey – asked Transport Minister Leo Varadkar why the National Roads Authority (NRA) “is spending money on unnecessary road signs at present”.

“Persons living on local roads, pulling out on to national primary routes, are now seeing signs directing them to their nearest town or village, which they are perfectly capable of finding without having the NRA putting up signs to direct them as to where they are to go,” Mr Healy-Rae said.

Mr Varadkar pointed out that road signs are generally not for locals, who know where they are going.

“Rather they exist to serve visitors to an area, who would not have such knowledge,” Mr Varadkar said.

“In particular, in areas such as Kerry they are an important aid to tourists, and adequate and appropriate signposting allows them to travel independently without the stress of getting lost.”

Mr Healy-Rae tabled a Dail question on the issue, which perplexed officials in Mr Varadkar’s department. And the minister’s reply illustrated this.

Upgrading

“Obviously signage is for people travelling to and through a region,” Sean O’Neill of the NRA said.

“We’re glad to know locals know where they’re going – and we’d assume they do – but signs are for people who are going to and passing through the area.”

In 2006, the NRA started work on upgrading all signs on the entire 5,500km of national roads around the country.

Mr O’Neill last night said the work on the new signs was ongoing, and would be complete by late 2013 or early 2014.

The NRA has spent €35m on the work to date, and it is expected to cost a total of €40m by completion.

Mr Healy-Rae last night insisted he was talking about roads with only three or four homes on it, which may be cul-de-sacs only local people would use and would not attract tourists.

“You’d have to know where I’m talking about to know that no road signs are needed,” he added last night.

• Fiach Kelly Political Correspondent

I never thought he could come up with something more ridiculous than not putting 13 on reg plates as people won’t buy cars but he’s managing it.

What an embarrassment.

The man is a clown. But I am wondering what the story is with all the new road signs being erected all over the country at the moment?
They mostly seem to be replacing perfectly adequate pre-existing signage.

Not sure, but what I do know is that Dingle got its signs back in time for the summer season. :clap:

They are erecting the signs on a new type of pole that apparently buckles on impact instead of killing you if you hit them with a car.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 214819”]

They are erecting the signs on a new type of pole that apparently buckles on impact instead of killing you if you hit them with a car.[/quote]
Oh right. So just hit them rather then the electricity pole or tree they’re standing next to. Makes sense.

An utter fool of a man. How can the folk of Kerry South be happy being represented in the Dail by this muppet. We are really fucked with gobshites like this sitting in the Dail. :frowning:

:sweat_smile:

The whole thing sounds like a farce.

Fine Gael have been done up like kippers by this government arrangement

You left out the best part

‘Others have talked about excellent singers. The last thing I would say about Deputy McGrath is that he possesses all-Ireland medals for dancing. While others can sing, our deputy can dance’

MHR very impressive here on Tommy Tiernan’s show

4 Likes

Mighty man altogether

He is a clever cookie who thrives on metropolitan elites thinking he is a buffoon .

Healy rae is a sound man. Ifv an awful soft spot for people who are their own man. He is wasted above in the dail

1 Like

:fearful:

He should buy the Merida

He’s as cute as anything. Copying the Irish times into it.