Mindfulness- Good Karma- Zen

What did you do, where did you do it and how much did it cost?

not much by the looks of the bile he is spouting in favor of homosexalisilm on the equality threads

Lads, Ramana Maharasi is yer only man for the mindfulness, and I’d know a fair bit about mindfulness and meditation as a world renowned spiritual leader myself. He had it figured out, he did.
Cut out the internal dialogue, stop all self-referential thought. Ye are not ye’re thoughts. T’is all projection in the end anyways. No point worrying about the future, you have no control over it, only an arrogant cunt thinks he does. No point mulling on the past, it can’t be changed. Live in the present moment. In fairness, it sounds simple enough, but easier said than done.
Tis fair liberating when a thought comes up, especially the auld negative ones, and you step back and look at it and disassociate from it. Ask, “to whom does this thought arise?”. If you can answer that one, you’re flying it.

[QUOTE=“His Holiness Da Dalai Lama, post: 1140838, member: 1503”]Lads, Ramana Maharasi is yer only man for the mindfulness, and I’d know a fair bit about mindfulness and meditation as a world renowned spiritual leader myself. He had it figured out, he did.
Cut out the internal dialogue, stop all self-referential thought. Ye are not ye’re thoughts. T’is all projection in the end anyways. No point worrying about the future, you have no control over it, only an arrogant cunt thinks he does. No point mulling on the past, it can’t be changed. Live in the present moment. In fairness, it sounds simple enough, but easier said than done.
Tis fair liberating when a thought comes up, especially the auld negative ones, and you step back and look at it and disassociate from it. Ask, “to whom does this thought arise?”. If you can answer that one, you’re flying it.[/QUOTE]
:eek:

Answer my fucking question! I’m interested in doing something like this.

:eek:

Hello @Horsebox - I did it through work- they bring in this chap 4 times a year to teach/give meditation and mindfullness - 5 weeks for 30 euros. I had done a small bit of meditation before but nohing proper like this-

What I learned from yesterday, the key to meditation is to relax the body, not the mind! We carry untold tension around with us- in out hands, back, jaw, stomach- when we learn to properly relax and let go this tension the mind begins to slow down and so do our thoughts…

That was just the intro, bud- More to come next week… But we did an exercise to release tension and I was pretty much floating after it… do you want to know the exercise?

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1141177, member: 168”]Hello @Horsebox - I did it through work- they bring in this chap 4 times a year to teach/give meditation and mindfullness - 5 weeks for 30 euros. I had done a small bit of meditation before but nohing proper like this-

What I learned from yesterday, the key to meditation is to relax the body, not the mind! We carry untold tension around with us- in out hands, back, jaw, stomach- when we learn to properly relax and let go this tension the mind begins to slow down and so do our thoughts…

That was just the intro, bud- More to come next week… But we did an exercise to release tension and I was pretty much floating after it… do you want to know the exercise?[/QUOTE]
Yes please, bro. I have become interested in this subject lately and I am interested in hearing opinions of people who have done it. Is it a load of oul waffle or is it something I SHOULD EMBRACE.

It is something everyone on the planet should embrace - The exercise is to very simply close your eye while sitting upright and breathe in deeply and breathe out slowly through your lips almost like you are whistling… do this twice and lt your body relax… Now very simply focus on your feet with your minds eye, feel them, see them… and then scrunch up your toes and hold for 5 seconds before releasing and just let your feet completely relax… repeat for calves, bum, stomach, shoulders, jaw one by one etc. etc - tense as hard as you can for 5 seconds and then just let them fully relax ---- the last is the head… he got us to paint the numbers 1 to 12 with our mind starting with the centre of the forehead all the way around your head until you were back in the centre… The whole thing lasted 15 minutes and I was off in another world altogether- all the tension was gone from my body and my mind was completely at ease - That’s all mediatation is bro- if you can do even just that for 10 minutes a day you will be more relaxed, sleep better, better health and have better emotional intelligence.

Can’t wait for my own meditation course to start. Cheers @ChocolateMice.

I’m genuinely happy for you CM. Controlling your mind, releasing tension through exercises and being happy with the results is a serious achievement. You could have all the material wealth in the world but you wouldn’t be happy if your not at peace with yourself.

Don’t think this would be for me personally at this stage in my life, but I would’nt knock it.

[QUOTE=“The Most Infamous, post: 1141272, member: 1783”]I’m genuinely happy for you CM. Controlling your mind, releasing tension through exercises and being happy with the results is a serious achievement. You could have all the material wealth in the world but you wouldn’t be happy if your not at peace with yourself.

Don’t think this would be for me personally at this stage in my life, but I would’nt knock it.[/QUOTE]

True happiness is within.

Absolutely, the human mind is a fucker for over hyping the negative though. In my case anyway, not sure if it’s genetic or what.

Your lower mind is all me, me, me … it wants and wants… think of it like a little puppy running all over the place when you reach for the leash to take it for a walk… Now how does that puppy react when you put the leash back down and you are still? it stops running around… Moral of the story, you need to learn to be still, mate. let go the tension in your body and relax… just for ten minutes a day. I’ve read a good bit on mediation over the years but never really had time to give it a go- after one session I was certainly more mindful today of negative thoughts- I imagine i’ll reach nirvana by the time the 5 weeks is up.

"Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare’

I’m going to give that a go. Thank you, brother.

The most important thing is that if thoughts start coming into your head- register them- and let them slip away- Don’t get annoyed ot put off- Just say ‘not now’ and get back into letting yourself relax— I’d also maybe tense each body part for more than 5 seconds- about 10.

Wonderful :clap:

I very rarely miss those 10 minutes with myself these mornings.

You are all truly amazing people, never forget this. I love you all.

Peace.

Hello my brothers. I love you all.