Missing People In Ireland

No. They found Elaine O’Hara’s remains.

They didn’t really investigate it til then.

1 Like

Sorry - I got that wrong.

1 Like

I think there was one in NI couple of years ago but I can’t remember one down in ROI.

There was no physcal evidence that she was murdered, that was Dwyer’s arguement. Could have died naturally/suicide

2 Likes

Not Ireland,but odd nonetheless

Arlene Atkinson

2 Likes

Wasn’t some fella put away in a Dublin Court for Robert Nairac?

Liam Townson from Dromintee was convicted in SCC for murder.

2 Likes

There was also a case in the 30s out in South County Dublin of some lad killing his mother who was done for murder despite her body not being found. @artfoley may know more of this as it featured in legal case text books IIRC.

There was a case a few years back, I think in the UK of a lad who murdered his wife on a cruise ship. No body ever found but iirc he was done nonetheless (almost certainly correctly)

1 Like

Yep

John Rogers.

7 Likes

Annie McCarrick case on RTE 1 now.

From the stories in the weekend papers it seems like another seriously bungled investigation by the Guards.

2 Likes

Her friends in America faxed numerous statements to the Guards detailing how Annie had been living in fear / under threat from someone. The guards said they never got the faxes.

Another woman told them that Annie said a person had previously hit her when drunk. The guards never followed up with the woman.

A woman in a coffee shop made numerous attempts to give information to the guards but they weren’t having it.

I’m always wary about these stories. You don’t know what’s going on.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/notorious-double-sex-killer-michael-11999244?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

That was a terrible programme on Monday night on the Vanishing Triangle.

It started by speaking about the cases as if they were all linked, when all the information points to separate known individuals responsible for three of the six cases, them being the cases in Tullamore, Dundalk and Wexford. So it started off on the wrong foot from the beginning.

Then came the Annie McCarrick case. Poor garda practice was hinted at. First we had a random woman recounting something her mother told her about Annie being in a cafe in Enniskerry with a gentleman. The mother had given the her account to the guards who ‘didn’t take it any further’. This could be seen as poor garda practice or it could be a case that the mother was completely unreliable with the story or with her description of Annie and it was not taken any further due to that. But we have this random woman talking so we are meant to believe her version of events.

Some of Annie’s friends said she was being harrassed and even assaulted by someone in the weeks prior to her disappearance but nothing was done in relation to the suspect. The guards mentioned that people in her life were checked in terms of alibis.

Whether the Guards messed up or not nothing was shown that made a case for that in anyway. And showing a person sitting down on the chair to being interviewed and staring straight at the camera doesn’t make it any more credible.

Finally some random link to two other women murdered by Michael Bambrick.

1 Like

garda incompetence, the golden thread that runs through most missing people cases in ireland

Anyone with an Irishexaminer sub?