Missing People In Ireland

Fuckin read this thread then had go collect someone. Was freaking out walking from the house to the car.

3 Likes

Where has the updated version of the story come from? One of the papers or a random sleuth? If it’s the latter I’m gutted we didn’t pick up on it.

1 Like

Check out broadsheet.ie.

Somebody picked it up from Donal McIntyre’s repeated 2015 documentary.

DM mistakenly said that this guy at the gate standing beside the original Man In Black was Trevor but it was 1-2 minutes after Deely had already been through the gate. Who was he? Was he in cahoots with MIB1? Was he following Trevor? Did he alert MIB1 via a phonecall that Deely was approaching? Did he expect MIB1 to stall Deely at the gate and did they plan to mug him? Why are they looking in? Did they trail Trevor then after he left just after 4am?

And given that this person doesn’t look to be wearing a hat or as much clothing to obscure them, surely enhanced footage will figure out their identity quicker?

Lots of unanswered questions from the Garda side on why they only released what they did to us.

I know the Gardaí are brutal at times but they must be withholding information for a reason.

They released the fairly crap footage last week and asked for help in IDing MIB1. Yet this still pic that’s shown up in the last 24 hours of MIB1 standing beside this MIB2 appears to show them both staring in the gate and clearly at a camera. Surely they should be enhancing this pic and releasing it to the public as it would offer a better chance of a positive ID. Why haven’t they?

[quote]
[/quote]

I’m really not sure what relevance CCTV from midnight on New Year’s Day 1990 has to the Trevor Deely case.

Did he get into a fight at the U2 concert at the Point Depot that night or something? Is this what his disappearance over 10 years later originally stems from? Clearly the Gardai still haven’t found what they’re looking for at this stage.

There has to be some logic with it, along with the 100k being thrown in by somebody.

Seeing if they can get a known suspect to react maybe.

A certain lad in a basement shitting himself

2 Likes

Something like that. Maybe they had interviewed the second man previously. He had spun them a yarn about being at this gate taking a piss and talking to another guy but the wider CCTV shows him interacting freely and in sync with the guy in black. By releasing the enhanced footage of the man in black and letting the public know they think he at least has a hand in the disappearance, they’re hoping that the other guy will talk. The Garda aren’t releasing the full video as they don’t want the focus to being on this being a couple of people in concert and getting their stories straight.

Holding back info can be a powerful weapon when you want someone to talk.

Would the family have a few bob? It’s been mentioned before as a possible tiger situation? I think the father would be involved in the beef industry.

You “think”?

3 Likes

Father worked for Bord Bia

High up?

Couldn’t tell you. Civil servant so back then probably well off if not worthy of ransom kidnapping.

Informative

That still of the two lads looking in is utterly creepy.

1 Like

it must be absolutely savage for his family to have to deal with that, absolutely savage

1 Like

I honestly would struggle to keep goi g at all, never mind show the dignity and restraint that they have. It is just awful. I can only think that he was mistaken for someone else in some kind of gangland feud thing.

The image is so bad they could be looking out rather than in.