Missing People In Ireland

Is it conceivable these wouldn’t have surfaced in the intervening period while he was missing?

Who knows. There seems to be gaps in what the gardai are releasing to public, why at this stage though I don’t know. It seems to have been Deelys own family who have done the majority of the “investigating” in this to date.

I think the Alaska thing is a red herring. Cheap flight from Glen and had time off work. Why not do it. It’s possible he was trying to get away from something but I think an email trawl would have thrown up something. Most people didn’t have email at home back then so most of their personal emails would be on a work account.

Thinking logically it’s more likely foul play than a tragic accident. In the vast majority of foul play is almost always someone known to the victim. The alternative is some random psycho who just decides to do him in and then is able to hide the body and other evidence with such skill that it’s never found, not plausible. Besides those types of killers like the body to be found so they get credit for it.

I need to see the video of the screenshot from 03:37 in the MacIntyre “documentary”. Why the fuck isn’t that part being released? Who was that punter on the left at 03:37? I believe from another video that it’s some lad wearing glasses. Who the fuck is he??

I wonder was he a kind of unsettled fella, he dropped out of college in Waterford, flying off to Alaska at the drop of a hat

Like that flute @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy , Out to Australia for a while and then back with his tail between his legs. They say he lives in a swamp now.

Also let’s not forget that the vast majority of people who work in IT are weirdos.

5 Likes

This is just a few seconds after Deely goes into the bank. Two others in the shot, previously people just had sight of the two (as posted the other day). According to the Gards the man in black left and went across the road after Deely went inside, but here he is staring into the BOI with seemingly someone else in cahoots.

He could be simply taking a piss, and the person under the brolly is waiting for them, but it’s a strange image nonetheless. The Gards are holding a lot back from the public, moving footage of the scene could clear a lot of things up.

2 Likes

You’d wonder what’s to be gained from holding information back at this stage. I’m assuming they’ve always known about this extra man, and it hasn’t just been since the CCTV was enhanced.

I can only assume they have an idea who it is and are hoping to see if they react to the new information?

@Tim_Riggins image is the one that has me confused. And I’ve only just noticed the third guy in the background.

The image appears to be enhanced as well, as in the TV3 doc the same image didn’t show up a third person.

However the Gard’s didn’t officially release the image during their appeal, but someone must have leaked it to the press.

It’s very strange.

So essentially it looks in all probability there was a team of 3 conspiring against him? Those images are chilling, unreal even.

I don’t buy a three man conspiracy. In the pic above - man on the right is an innocent pimp offering Trevor a lady or something. Man in the middle with a brolly is a passer by. It’s the guy on the left I want to know more about.

I think from the McIntyre documentary you can make out from the movement from behind the man in black that the person with the brolly has stopped and isn’t just passing by.

You could easily have a team of 3 working together to mug people.

But it seems like a lot of man power and unnecessary risk to be taking for 3 people on a cold wet night.

1 Like

I’m really getting into this case, I never really studied it before, I just spend nearly 2 hours reading the entire thread on Boards.ie

2 Likes

I would disregard the man with the Brolly but there was a third man across the road that you can make out from the still above that was also in that vicinity for a long period of time. I reckon Trevor could have been bundled into a car down the road after passing Milanos. 3 people would have no bother doing that given that he was half cut. There were no taxis that night but there was one car in particular that was picked up on both the BOIAM CCTV and also the Milanos one.

Apparently Trevors sister says her family reads online discussion about the case. Surreal to think that the killers could be doing the same thing.

They need to do a Serial job on it. It’s like that Corrie Mckeague case but it’s almost certain he ended up in a landfill.

Apparently there was an article in the Sunday Times recently, which would lead people to draw their own conclusions. The article mentions that Gardai were investigating a lead that Tervor had arranged to meet a man and a woman on Baggot St. The article then goes onto mention the seedy underbelly of the area and how there was a lot of drug dealing and pimping going on. it also mentioned two violent criminals who controlled the drug trade in the area and were the prime suspects in the murder of a prostitute by the canal in 1998.

Yeah, there’s a 103-page long thread (and counting) on boards.ie and there’s a screenshot of that article on one of the latest pages. I think The Sunday Times (Irish edition) is quite good and they break a lot of stories (they also referred to TFK for a story before of course).

While it may be horrible for the family to read / hear, surely 17 years later the guards should get over the prospect of hurting feelings and say it outright if they think he was locked, horned out of it (fruitless trip to Alaska and now after being on the town) and was in contact with a pimp and / or prostitute.

We’ve all said it doesn’t make sense for him to take Haddington Road rather than continue down Baggot Street and onto Pembroke Road and into Ballsbridge. But that area, as the article says, was ripe for working girls back then. Some of them used to congregate around by Percy Place not far from the canal and that would involve taking Haddington Road and veering a little left shortly after that.

The image of 3/4 people staring into the yard at 4am is very strange. What would have been the motive to do him in? Very hard to fathom