Missing People In Ireland

Bad assumption. One only has to look at Limerick’s experience during the 1996 All-Ireland hurling final to know that.

4 Likes

Not sure what to believe with the media - that story was around back in 2000/2001 as well.

I would have had reason to be on the route around Percy Place, going between Northumberland Road and Rathmines, quite a bit in the early 00’s and there was definitely still prozzies working the area up til about 2004. It could be quite late at times when I’d be passing through, but it would never have been a place I’d walk through that late at night. Seedy enough spot with some scumbags hanging around and not very well illuminated. They’d often be around the Pepper canister church there too, but that little intersection off Haddington Road onto Percy place was full of them.

Indeed. My latest theory is that MIB1 is indeed a pimp and TD had arranged a prossie through him. Locked, horned out of it, fresh from an ill fated visit to Alaska to try woo a lass - he wanted to empty his balls and the alcohol had a multiplier effect. Yer man says 4am or 4.15am down by Percy Place or something (hence the unusual walk home) and TD goes in to have a coffee to kill time.

Hence he never mentioned it to work colleague Pender as he’s hardly going to say I’m trying to sort out a whore for the way home.

Anyway, MIB1 says to MIB2 (another criminal / pimp) “we’ll have a drunk lad down here in a while” so they decide to mug him and end up fucking him into the canal.

That’s what the Sunday Times article above seems to be implying by the “arranged to meet a man and a woman” etc etc.

I could be way off.

5 Likes

well at least you have sound logic applied to it, and as you know on TFK, it doesnt matter if you are right or wrong, as long as there is good reason and facts to back it up, you will always be right.

CC all on the degenerate gambling thread.

2 Likes

The canal doesn’t make sense because of the locks there. I don’t think he ended up in the canal personally, the Dodder and out to sea possibly.

It does tie into his behaviour though as you mention.

It would make sense as well as the people who trailed Deely and the man in black up Haddington Road a minute later didn’t notice anything unusual (the woman never came forward, she was scantily clad apparently so possibly a lady of the night herself…possibly with the MIB). Deely had to have veered off HR unless they themselves took a left onto Percy Place or went down a laneway. Once you get to the junction of Northumberland Road it would seem less likely something would happen as you’re back on a main road.

I suppose the 100k reward would bristle the ears of any streetworker who might not have come forward with info then due to their line of work - but 16 years later it’s hard to imagine that those types would be a) still alive or b) if alive, possibly out of that life completely and not going back.

This all seems to be the most plausible theory as to what happened. Explains a lot of the loose ends .

Its as good a theory as I have heard. He never mentioned MIB to his work colleague or the security guard. He took 42 seconds to walk between gate 1 and gate 2 which was 20 feet away which suggests further interaction with MIB. He doesn’t seem the least bit perturbed by MIB and opens the gate fairly willy nilly.

The problem I have with that theory as well however is that he only made one ATM withdrawal for €60 to buy champagne. If he was to engage in activity with a lady of the night he would have needed cash. He would have walked past several ATM’s on the way home. He could also have been going to a 24 hour store to buy credit or fags (he was a social smoker) which might have explained why he took such a convoluted way to go home. Obviously there were no smart phones in those days and fuses had went in his apartment so he may have went to check emails to see if girl form Alaska had sent him anything. It would have been 7pm in the evening there so maybe he was hoping she would leave a comment on Bebo for him or hotmailed him.

MSN messenger I’d say. Bebo didn’t hit Ireland till 2004 at earliest.

The most direct route to Serpentine Avenue would have taken him right past the 24-hour Spar on Baggot Street Upper but he instead went down Haddington Road. Now there’s a 24-hour Spar on Bath Avenue but why would he add an extra 10 minutes or so onto his journey on a horrible night unless he had business in that direction? The alternative theory is that he feared he was being followed so changed his most direct route but why go down the quieter/darker Haddington Road? He’d have been better off sticking on at the junction of the busier Baggot Street and Haddington Road rather than meandering down the latter.

24 hrs back then?

Ah yea, there was 24 hour spars around in the 90’s in the Schmoke.

2 Likes

Did the Church give permission?

Has anyone seen a motion picture of MIB2 come into the picture? He seems to be only available in a still.

How else would it have been allowed?

That’s the 100k question, why is this still the only part of the footage in circulation? Why wasn’t it included in last weeks release.

Is it a FAKE?

I wasn’t aware there was one on Bath avenue. But where does he go to execute this tranasaction. I dont think he brings some random one back with him to his apt where there are 2 girls living. There are 35-40 mile an hour gusts and heavy rain falling so I guess it rules out a dark alley. Were there known to have been brothels in the area or an apartment rented out for such activity? would he have got into a car to be brought off somewhere?

All other theories like acquiring information to be used in Tiger kidnappings or lads wanting to gain access to BOIAM so they could rob valuable paintings doesn’t sound plausible. Nor does a 6 foot guy getting taken by a gust of wind into the dodder (the railings of which would have been up well past his hip).

What is most certainly clear is the guards are privy to more than they are letting on. And your theory and the tip toeing around a familys sensitivity and not wanting to see their sons/brothers name beschirmched whilst appealing for information is quite telling.

That’s not his theory.[quote=“johnnysachs, post:1099, topic:2837, full:true”]
I wasn’t aware there was one on Bath avenue. But where does he go to execute this tranasaction. I dont think he brings some random one back with him to his apt where there are 2 girls living. There are 35-40 mile an hour gusts and heavy rain falling so I guess it rules out a dark alley. Were there known to have been brothels in the area or an apartment rented out for such activity? would he have got into a car to be brought off somewhere?

All other theories like acquiring information to be used in Tiger kidnappings or lads wanting to gain access to BOIAM so they could rob valuable paintings doesn’t sound plausible. Nor does a 6 foot guy getting taken by a gust of wind into the dodder (the railings of which would have been up well past his hip).

What is most certainly clear is the guards are privy to more than they are letting on. And your theory and the tip toeing around a familys sensitivity and not wanting to see their sons/brothers name beschirmched whilst appealing for information is quite telling.
[/quote]

Not his theory.

Where have the brazzers come from in this? Has this been established?