Missing People In Ireland

youre conflating things. people were tried and acquitted and unfortunately that’s the way it went. garlic man was tried and convicted. unless you can point to other tax evasion convictions with significantly lower sentences then I’m not sure what youre on about. just for context though, a person who engaged in systematic welfare fraud over a number of years to the tune of approx. 250k was jailed for 12.5 years. both are offences to defraud the exchequer, took place over a number of years and both had an early guilty plea.

2 Likes

Garda Paul Williams was on the wireless afternoon show and said the Garda that shot yer man thought he saw the victim in the car with him and popped the shot into his head thinking he was saving her from being stabbed as he had also seen a knife.
He also said the Gardai treated this very seriously from the get go and had immediately contacted Dublin bus for their cctv footage of the area but because it was Saturday it was difficult to do so, but had the car identified within hours.

you would assume it would take 2 mins to identify the car

I think the issue was that they didn’t have a missing person at the time and had difficulty accessing cctv because it was a Saturday evening.

The person who reported the abduction gave them the reg number.

Why would that be the case?

1 Like

I’m not conflating anything, as well you know the justice system is not just down to post conviction treatment. Ireland’s attitude to white collar crime is very lenient. The DOCE are constantly complaining about the meagre resources it has to work with. No one has ever been convicted of insider trading. You had legislation abolished where bankrupt people were allowed to be sitting TDs (legislators), hilariously this came back to bite them in the ass as it meant Mick Wallace was able to shine a light on state complicit corruption. The lack of transparency with IBRC, NAMA etc. The 5 year conviction only appears fair if looked at in isolation. Comparing the judge’s sentences in two cases is not conflating anything. Comparing the treatment of other white collar crimes is not conflating issues either.

Find that hard to believe. His eyesight was sharp enough to shoot him in the head and see a knife but the same eyesight tricked him in to seeing someone that wasn’t there?

I’m only saying what Williams said on the radio. Not saying it did or didn’t happen. Not saying I believe or disbelieve any of it. Just repeating what was reported.
Don’t shoot the messenger.

Because most depots would be locked up etc ??
I’ll tweet Paul Williams for clarification maybe.
Or maybe I won’t bother me bollix.

1 Like

Not narky with you Brimmer. I wouldn’t kick a man when he’s down.

2 Likes

We’re lucky it wasn’t any of the Tipp forwards, they’d have missed him.

1 Like

Ah I’m not down. I’m more upset that my young one lost a co final last night than I am about the senior hurlers.

Chin up, she was good enough to be on a team that got to a final.

1 Like

If he was standing 30’ away from his car a limerick hurler would have hit him between the eyes… while aiming for the car of course.

True. She has another bite of the cherry with her own age group anyway so here’s hoping. Hadn’t seen her play all year but she’s flying it thank fuck.

1 Like

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/jastine-valdez-mark-hennessy-14685762

The fucking bastard.

2 Likes

RIP

I’d say the unfortunate girl was dead shortly after he took her, especially with the media reports which he may have heard on the radio

R.I.P