Missing People In Ireland

they may well be solely driven in that regard but they certainly have an awareness which is demonstrated by their ability to evade law enforcement.

1 Like

Correct, they are typically quite intelligent and very cunning.

in which case we’re ruling out most of the board.

7 Likes

And charming. That’s everyone ruled out so…

5 Likes

but they would score highly in the lack of empathy scale

Fair point. Maybe the success of tfk depends on lack of empathy

No, there are frequent outbursts of empathy on TFK.

2 Likes

As is typical of you, a lot of bluster in terms of going on the attack from the start but precious little of any substance afterwards.

• Psychiatry is about diagnosing mental disorders. I am sure that involves some element of reviewing human behaviour.
  • Yes, anti depressants can be very helpful for someone with depression. But where is the actual skill in prescribing those? Also what do the psychiatrists do when they don’t work? Try another. Trial and error basically. May as well save yourself 100 quid and go to the GP. And what about trying to bring up talk therapy with them, which is obviously very important in depression treatment. Go see a psychologist or a counsellor. They are a fucking joke.
  • On the wrong or right debate, you have actually gone on to substantiate the argument and you don’t even realise it.

I can’t be bothered with the likes of you. Arsehole.

I took that for glib superficial charm. Sociopathic behaviour at best.

I’ll take that apology anytime @balbec.

The sociopaths who never made it are seething.

i’ll second that

1 Like

they also spend years studying medicine

No, there are genuine outpourings of empathy on TFK, the concern for @Brimmer_Bradley’s marital strife a prime example .

id say the lads who are posting the concerns are laughing into their cloaks

1 Like

Fair point. Perhaps posters have more reason to empathise than they’d care to admit

“studying”

This is an interesting train of thought. You’re saying that people who feel less guilty about murder are worse people than who feel more guilty. Can that really be right?

It’s obviously partially correct. I always thought that a Bobby Sands character say, who genuinely believed in the justifications of his war, was a better sort than an Eoghan Harris character who secretly stopped believing in the justifications for his war a long time ago but kept on supporting paramilitaries for years because he was paid to.

But to easy everything just comes down to signals in the brain and brain chemistry, well - first of all from a strictly scientific point of view that’s correct but from a "justice"point of view if there’s no free will why punish anyone at all?

Many top level intellectuals on TFK right now @anon7035031

Fucksake. I don’t generally resort to personal attacks, but you are quite the moron.

Yes, clearly someone who graduates from medical school as a doctor and then spends four years in residency to qualify as a psychiatrist has no skills. MDs are not qualified to deal with mental illness, which is unfortunately why antidepressants are frequently prescribed by MDs when there is no justification for them.

Yes, psychiatrists can do psychotherapy, but qualified and experienced psychologists tend to be better as that is solely what they specialize in. For psychotherapy to work involves enormous work by the individual, outside of the visits to the therapist, something many are unwilling or unable to do. However, it does work and can lead to significant and permanent transformation, unlike antidepressants which are more of a band aid.

And I don’t give a shit whether you bother with me or not, but when you post horsepoo, expect it to be challenged.

None of us are as nice people as we like to think.

In a given situation with the right triggers anybody on here could be a murderer.