More GAA Shame

Well not that robbing somebody is ok to go gambling but I can’t see the guy going as public about the whole thing if it was gambling.

Ballymaglen Shamrocks are shameful in their carry on

Maybe you’re right but if he’s a gambling addiction problem it’s sad for him but I can’t see it being as public a case if it was.

Gambling doesn’t give a lad a free pass to rob somebody.

10 Likes

Nope but If addiction was the issue these cases are usually covered differently by the media.

I can’t see tighe investigating a case if it’s a lad with an betting problem.

Interesting

From listening to the podcast , I’d imagine “John” is easily identifiable in KK from the information the reporters have.

As I mentioned before, I was in college with Meaghar and would have been relatively close to him but having listened to this podcast , I’m finding it hard to have any sympathy for him.

1 Like

Maybe he does t have a gambling problem at all. It’s purely speculation unless he brings it up himself. Which, at present he hasn’t used this as a defence for his actions.

1 Like

He’s gambled on the ex wife story eliciting sympathy.

1 Like

Really?

Darren Gleeson took a lot more money, but there was full traceability that all the money was spent on gambling and he was taking counselling etc.

The evidence here suggests the money went towards a divorce settlement/child maintenance.

1 Like

Id like to suggest that is absolute lies on his part anyway knowing the girl

6 Likes

Sorry, I mean no sympathy for Meaghar

3 Likes

400 at the wedding does tell somewhat of a tale.

A lad I used to hurl with turned up on my doorstep one night with a sob story about hit men chasing him down for money. I knew it was bollix but I gave him what I had in my wallet and told him never to come near me again.
Told a pal of mine about it and he told me he had seen the same lad in the airport the following week off on a holiday to the Canaries.

8 Likes

Former county camoige player isnt it?

1 Like

:grinning:

Yes - All-Ireland club winner too. I don’t know her but partner/her family do. The quietest/basic people you’d ever meet. Far from lavish

2 Likes

I know the ex wife’s family too and they are salt of the earth as they come.

1 Like

You must carry some amount of cash in your wallet chief.

6 Likes