More GGA shame part 15234322435676544

You’d want to be a bit narrow minded to agree with everything one person says unconditionally.

3 Likes

What rugby stuff did he wrote that was misleading?

Glad to see Paddy got the u11 gig again this year.

I’d say the cursing was a dead herring myself.

1 Like

That’s a hard thing in small clubs. No parents means No one to coach teams.

Nonsense. Comes down to leadership.

Create a culture and have long term view and nd plan.

Obviously needs must sometimes. But that should be the aim that it’s the exception rather than the rule.

I was involved neutrally always any time I was with any underage. Naturally sometimes there was parents involved but me being central to it and having clear lines in the sand was a huge help.

We are by nature biased and protective of our own. It’s just unavoidable really. So neutrality is key.

No way is this national news. The club acted disgracefully in organising the intimidation tactics but naming a coach in a national newspaper for cursing is way over the top.

Agreed. Fuckin bananas article.

Do you have difficulties comprehending English, or are you that one-eyed in your reading of the article? It indicates that the club did, in fact, make several efforts to sort the flagged issues out “quickly and quietly”. They made plenty of stupid mistakes too, by the looks of it. However, as @dodgy_keeper mentioned yesterday, this stinks of someone with an axe to grind, and they were probably never going to be happy with the outcome of a mediation.

There’s no doubt that there’s an issue here that needs to be addressed, but the organisation that should be grasping the nettle but is running away from it. Gearóid Ó Maoilmhichíl has some neck on him to be quipping about “denial”. I’m beginning to come around to @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy’s views on the GAA.

3 Likes

Welcome to the club

2 Likes

It’s one of the biggest problems in clubs at the moment. I refuse point blank to coach my own and I wonder why others do go with their own it’s making a stick to beat your own back with.
A lad I’ve worked with asked his team to nominate and vote for a captain. They picked his son, a very popular and hard working mid fielder. The coach blocked the process as he said people would only talk if his lad was captain. Not fair to the young lad. If it was an outside coach the lad would have captained his club to a co title.

1 Like

It’s wary. Ffs sake. This particular mis-spelling is becoming de rigeur around here.

Weary me.

4 Likes

I never got to captain a team as a young lad with the auld lad as manager/selector. I was seething at the time. There was only about 5 of us up to the age and three of us had fathers as selectors so the same two lads shared captaincy for about 8 years :laughing:

3 Likes

Shows a weakness on behalf of all involved

1 Like

:grin: that’s tough but that’s the way it is I suppose.
Your father and the selectors seem like alright sorts by putting the club and team first and their own lads second.

Not really kev. It’s about optics and politics. Same with the Gaa all over. No need for your critical supreme being angle on this. This is a thread for ordinary lads. Not superheroes like you.

1 Like

Yes really.

If one of the 3 sons was best man for the job then he should get the job.

It’s called creature a positive open culture.

This irish nonsense of being afraid to hurt someone’s feelings is terribly weak.

Do what’s best for team

Obviously what’s best for the team was to show that regardless of who you are you’re not going to get captaincy or stuff easily. I think it was an absolutely noble gesture from @the_man_himself s father.
Obviously puts the team first.

No it doesn’t. And there was 3 of them

Young lads are smarter than adults give than hem credit for.

Explain it. They will understand. If thanhemhemhere is a complaint deal with that then.

It’s simple fucking stuff. But like everything else here we run away from the he difficult questions

Normally I get your typos but no idea on thanhemhemhere

5 Likes