More Rugby Shame

It is capped. Limited to 50grand a year. Very very few artists make that much anyway. One of the lowest paid ā€˜professionsā€™.

1 Like

Have you noticed how they pronounce horses as hearses and donkeys as dunkeys?

2 Likes

Sports teams only become a decent investment 20 years ago, they were seen as money pits before.

If done right yes. The likes of fenway really nailed it in baseball and reapplied to liverpool. Chalk and cheese for Liverpool from the basket case they were before.

Dunkey is a common enough roaster pronounciation

Donkey like Monkey.

Iā€™d never heard it til I moved here. Even the townies pronounce it as dunkey. Maybe theyā€™re right and weā€™re been wrong all along. In their favour dunkey is consistent with monkey. At least I knew what they were on about. Hearing them talk about hearses really threw me at the beginning.

The point is that the rich idiot isnā€™t about sustainability. Pro sports have been going for decades.

Yip. They have that massive venue for one meeting a year. Mad isnā€™t it.

1 Like

I thought theyā€™d changed it alright. Wouldnā€™t be fair for bono and the like to pay no tax.

100% considering some of the background of some of the rich characters is questionable, it could go sour very quickly like Chelsea this year until they got bought out. That had a good ending for the club but could have gotten very hairy fast

ā€œMr Thomas, also known as Alfie, said while he knew he had the virus, he did not think he was able to pass it on.ā€

not a great defense

2 Likes

He sounds like a proper knobhead, no pun intended.

2 Likes

Agreed. Sounds like something he came up with a hurry. A Rush defence, if you will.

2 Likes

Wtf? He should be jailed

3 Likes

A very badly judged up and under by the former Welsh full back.

1 Like

Iā€™d tend to agree, he should be jailed for that. Itā€™s appalling.

He had trained with his heroes, but the dream of playing the game he had dreamed of as a boy was turning into a nightmare. He recalls nearly losing his life after a punch from Paul Oā€™Connell in an Ireland training session in 2007 at the University of Limerick. Caldwell had tackled Oā€™Connell in a non-contact session, which led to Oā€™Connell punching the Ulster man.

ā€œThat is a trauma that I never addressed. That punch. I didnā€™t know what had happened, I was knocked out cold, so I didnā€™t know the whole story until other people like Rory [Best], Stephen Ferris and people like that told me what had happened.

ā€œI wasnā€™t even looking at him when the punch landed, I was completely facing the other way. I understand tempers rise and itā€™s all in the past now, but it was a complete trauma. I had to be resuscitated on the side of the pitch because Paulie is a massive guy. So I woke up with my shirt cut the whole way open and them giving me CPR

Thatā€™ll be the 'roids. Manic aggression, and all that jazz.

1 Like

St Paulie wouldnā€™t do that, would he?