More shame for the travelling community

Its not surprise to me that Limerick would have a better class of knacker to the rest of the country.

I was very surprised when I saw the breakdown of where the travellers live there is less per head of population in limerick than Wexford, Longford, cork and Galway. Galway and Longford in particular have very high numbers. Although Galway and Wexford are no suprise

Being honest I would always have associated knackers with Galway, Wexford and Longford, Cork is a surprise I must say. Most of the cunts who arrived around home years ago had those 3 reg’s on the Hiace’s.

Why would I have a bag in a bar? Having worked in the aviation industry I would never countenance leaving a bag unattended for any reason whatsoever.

As Gola says you need to compare them with similarly disadvantaged groups to make the comparison worthwhile. I find it hard to believe that anyone with an ounce of sense would just judge travellers based on prison statistics alone. It ignores every external social and economic factor as well as patterns of bias and labelling etc. Having said that I am genuinely surprised at the level of abuse dished out to travellers on here and from the general public. It’s sickening and in time we’ll be judged no better than white America was to African Americans.

The fact you have some lad even recounting three examples of crimes he knows about as sufficient evidence to judge another whole group of people he has never met would be funny if it wasn’t so dangerous.

I’m edgy and dangerous me. I am glad you live in the bubble you do rocko, long may you wear it.

That’s a very tellling study, good work Julio.

Great question…

Cop out,.

Rocko, I have had so many negative experiences with travellers that I can’t but have the position I have. I went to school with them, drink in the same pubs as them, will engage in idle chat with them, play sport with them but I’ve learnt well enough by now not to trust a single one of them. This is all from personal experience and not a per-conceived notion or prejudice. Granted tarring them all with the same brush probably classes as racism but I have never met any traveller that has made me revise my opinion.

The worst of the travelling community (ie the vast majority) have obviously not reached leafy Fingal.

By the way, be careful about bumping this thread after 10PM or else KIB Man will start worrying about you.

I never knew they had tinkers in America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fOvKodLeTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc5JsMn0LRQ

Where did the guards end up in the finish? I never saw them after the crime had ended. Presume these two thugs were jailed for putting other road users lives at risk and resisting arrest?

http://m.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0509/breaking55.html?via=news

Fantastic to see Pavee Point condemning this mindless act. In fairness for an organization that gets a lot of stick, they have to be commended do their stance on this.

Exactly what other stand could they have taken?

+1

Hope these fuckers get a nice long spell.

I was being sarcastic Runt, the biggest mistake the cops made was not producing an Uzi and blowing everyone of the cunts to Kingdom come.

In their statement they don’t quite condemn travellers.

“We call for anybody contemplating such activities in the future to stop and instead think of the safety of other road users, their families and their animals.”

As if anyone from the settled community would do the same. :rolleyes:

Surely the and animal rights mob will be picketing traveller campsites because of the trauma inflicted on those poor animals.

Yeah you’d imagine they would, if they could tear themselves away from strangling hares and trying to pin it on the greyhound industry first…

Travellers rarely finish their pints. They usually leave about 1/5th of it at the bottom of the glass.

Why is that? Do they get another pint then and so on?