More shame for the travelling community

:rolleyes:

As they might say themselves, layve it so.

:clap:

Surely everyone in the country walked in the olden days. Only the gentry would have had horses

Obviously, Audi and BMWs being rare in the Gaeltacht pre-1997, but they were referred to thus in the sense of “ones who roamed”

I thought you said they were those who walked?

What a ridiculous made-up story! Are we to believe that you wouldn’t have mentioned that the first time you were telling it. FFS.

Why would you have to “think” something when it’s written in front of you? As with any language and particularly translations, things aren’t to be taken literally, “ones who walk”, “people who roam about”, it’s much of a muchness, my point was that the word “tinker” has nothing to do with the Irish language.

Knack attack,
Knack attack,
He’s a maniac.
And he’s thieving like he never did before.

It doesnt appear to me that you made that clear at the outset and it seems that you are now changing your story.

I don’t give a fiddler’s how anything appears to your cataractic, ageing eyes. If you have this much trouble reading you should maybe stay off discussion boards

[quote=“Carmannach, post: 568433”]
I don’t give a fiddler’s how anything appears to your cataractic, ageing eyes. If you have this much trouble reading you should maybe stay off discussion boards[/quote]

Try afr

You seem to be missing the point here Carmannach. You initially made a comment that, although appearing somewhat pseudo intellectual, actually made no sense at all when the surface was scratched. That’s all. No need for the histrionics.

I read on greyhoundnuts that there were two greyhounds stolen from their owners kennels in Ballysheedy this morning, the owner was on the forum in a terrible state appealing for help getting them back. One of the dogs is a very valuable brood bitch (Dundoon Diva), dam to some very nice greyhounds and will likely breed more good ones in the future. Her daughter is the brilliant stayer Razldazl Marilyn who in a strange twist of fate was herself stolen when she was 6 months old and upon the offer of a €1000 reward was returned to her owners but in a very distressed state and had had her ears burnt. She was and still is very timid over it and took a long time to come around but through much effort and encouragement went on to be a great race bitch and is still racing. Anyway, thankfully the two greyhounds stolen this morning were found a few hours ago. A Garda found them on a caravan camp site in the city.

http://cdn.independent.ie/multimedia/dynamic/01102/hogan_1102059t.jpg

A publican who refused to serve a traveller on Sunday night for being too drunk.

That’s Phil Hogan’s brother

I heard a report somewhere that that Quin McDonagh chap hit the wife in the face with a meat cleaver

Ya, I knew that, but I thought if I mentioned it that it might encourage some people to think “fair play to them”

Thanks to this thread the vast majority of posters around here have seen the light and wised up to the carry on of the travelers.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 568440”]

Ya, I knew that, but I thought if I mentioned it that it might encourage some people to think “fair play to them”[/quote]

It shouldn’t matter whose brother he is, he shouldn’t be attacked because he refuses to serve someone.

[quote=“tazdedub, post: 568442”]

It shouldn’t matter whose brother he is, he shouldn’t be attacked because he refuses to serve someone.[/quote]

And besides its not likely those pikey fucks woukd ever pay the household charge