More shame for the travelling community

You’re a muppet of a cunt.

Can anyone confirm if you need to be of fixed, permanent abode in order to be eligible to pay taxes and conversely can you receive state benefits, medical cards etc without a fixed permanent abode?

I could refer you to a dictionary to look up the correct use of conversely, chops.

Answer the man his fucking question.

You cannot claim benefits without a fixed permanent abode.

Where did you see a question simple Jack?

Ah so you actually believe it to be true then, thats even worse.

All these lads banging on about Travellers being scum… Have you looked around the settled community? From the cunts that ruined this country to the child abusers, murderers and drug dealers… Everything you accuse travellers of, 10 times their number are at worse in the settled community… Go way and cop the fuck on.

:rolleyes:

FOAD you sympathiser fuck. These cunts are the worst of the worst as deserve nothing. No ones speaking about settled scum here.

This is my line of thinking too. Swim coaches(and other sports no doubt), priests, cops, politicians, teachers, accountants and many others have done far worse, often abusing their positions of power.
Most crime that is associated with the travelling community, and there is plenty no doubt at all, pales into insignificance in compRison to the morality and disgustingness of abuse or the financial implications of a lot if white collar crime. However they are clear tax dodgers and it’s a very muddy subject on that and them fulfilling the itinerant lifestyle. It’s wrong and they shouldn’t have it both ways. Problem is now such a large number if the “settled” community are pulling stunts and Ireland has such a strong black economy that it’s a very messy grey area morally.
Everyone is just surviving really.

Good one.

So they have no obvious sources of income whereby you’d be required to pay tax.

Maybe Renton can answer this. Pray tell Renton, sympathiser for these people, how are most of them driving new top of the range automobiles??? Where is the money coming from???

:popcorn:

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 928148, member: 2269”]So they have no obvious sources of income whereby you’d be required to pay tax.

Maybe Renton can answer this. Pray tell Renton, sympathiser for these people, how are most of them driving new top of the range automobiles??? Where is the money coming from???[/QUOTE]
That’s a pretty general statement. Many Travellers around Southside of Cork City are living in absolute poverty when I was at home. It seemed to me a lot if the money was making it’s way to the top to a small few individuals. And it was only certain families that were really creaming it.

Bull Kev, no such thing as a poor Irish Traveller family.

You are pretty misinformed there man. I saw it myself, I used to enter halting sites a few times a week in a previous life and there was poverty. I went out with a social worker/probation officer before as well and got an insight into the goings on. Not all as it seems.

How are a lot of them driving around in big, expensive automobiles? And there are a lot of them like that. Explain that to me. As for people who can’t or are not eligible to work or pay tax or recieve benefits there’s a big question as to where the money is coming from for expensive cars. Same applies to plasma tvs, horses and carts, money to eat out in KFC every day, extravagent weddings or communion ceremonies, need i go on. Should travellers like this be investigated as to where the money is coming from? I think yes.

I think they should be signed up to a special status. They declare themselves as gypsies, but by doing so they give up the right to any state allowance. Then they only have to abide by laws that affect the rest if us. As in if they disrupt any of the “citizens” civil liberties then they are punishable by Irish laws. If they decide to just but and sell scrap etc and people pay them cash for items or sell them whatever then that’s fair game. And if they can live that way then they are entitled to live their itinerant lifestyle. If you came down hard in iffenders you would sort out who really wants the lifestyle and who wants to hide behind it to be a criminal. But if you put an ultimatum to them and the cops then in turn deal correctly with any subsequent law infringements you’d clean up alit if it over time.

The Infians in America have carved out something to cling onto in terms of tradition. There are clear abuses of their allowances, but they have something. Similar solutions are possible in Ireland with the Travellers and here in Oz with the indigenous

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 928185, member: 273”]I think they should be signed up to a special status. They declare themselves as gypsies, but by doing so they give up the right to any state allowance. Then they only have to abide by laws that affect the rest if us. As in if they disrupt any of the “citizens” civil liberties then they are punishable by Irish laws. If they decide to just but and sell scrap etc and people pay them cash for items or sell them whatever then that’s fair game. And if they can live that way then they are entitled to live their itinerant lifestyle. If you came down hard in iffenders you would sort out who really wants the lifestyle and who wants to hide behind it to be a criminal. But if you put an ultimatum to them and the cops then in turn deal correctly with any subsequent law infringements you’d clean up alit if it over time.

The Infians in America have carved out something to cling onto in terms of tradition. There are clear abuses of their allowances, but they have something. Similar solutions are possible in Ireland with the Travellers and here in Oz with the indigenous[/QUOTE]
The Indians and Aborigines have land. Little enough after all that was taken but they still have it. Big difference.