More shame for the travelling community

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 928271, member: 273”]Do you just want to throw them all in jail, just on suspicion? Cos that’s what you are getting at!
That sir is out and out racism and apartheid, no better than the treatment of the Indians, Agrican Americans or Aboriginals.
It’s we, the Irish settled people, have to swallow the pill, we have to change first. We are the people that marginalized the Itinerent people in Ireland. So they have to be recognized properly. Before that happens nothing will change. Marginalized people act the same everywhere, there is nothing you can do about that until the ruling class change.
The word African-American made a big difference eventually in the US. ASK the Travellers what they like to be called, acknowledge and celebrate their culture. It’s not that long ago that Luke Kelly and the Clancy Brother revered these people in song, not that long ago. We tried to make them be like us, yet we “hated” the Brits for doing the same, no doubt a lot of the anti-Brits in here have issues with the gypsies a well, hypocrites.
Is there a significant minority breaking laws and making money in less than desirable ways. Breaking into people’s houses in any country in any period is unforgivable, lock the cunts up, but they are NOT all at it.

As I say there is a solution, proper recognition and reconciliation is a must. I don’t expect you to see anything I say positively because you seem emotionally stuck in the haters camp. Maybe you have reason, but you are making massive sweeping generalizations about them. Believe me, I know what that’s like, I get dumb Aussies constantly making broad uneducated statements about Irish people, it’s not nice, even when I know better. An believe me a lot worse is said to other minorities.[/QUOTE]

Absolute class throwaway generalisation in a post railing against generalisations. Bravo, Sir.

[QUOTE=“Gary Birtles Lovechild, post: 928275, member: 2585”]Of course they’re not! Because they generally behave themselves! You won’t find “Polaks” racing sulkies down the main Cork-Limerick road at two abreast with blatant disregard for human life. You won’t find Polaks doing tarmac drives that resemble a toupé. You won’t find Polaks dealing in stolen goods. You won’t find Polaks driving 2014 Beamers around Rathkeale with no obvious explanation as to how they could afford them. You won’t find Polaks breaking the legs of Olympic boxers with metal bars. I could go on, but I don’t think I need to.

Travellers will get respect when they give it. They are treated as social pariahs because so many behave like them.[/QUOTE]

The amount of poles/latvians/lithuanians that were involved in serious motor incidents here over the last 15 years has been crazy- Most driving drunk with no insurance. One nut job out our way was so out of his head on vodka, when he crashed into another car, he just got out of his own car and fucked himself off the nearby bridge— Therefore, all Poles and Eastern Europeans are drunk driving scum bags.

You are truly a disgusting human being.

You’ll have to do a lot better than that bandage. I emphasized “we” to accentuate that as a nation we need to take responsibility, of course that not the hate comment mean every single person. I would have thought an international man if business would be able to seperate that.
I daresay if it was TASE posted that there would have been little smiley men clapping all over th shop, you child.

I had to see ignored content to see who that wa responding to, not sure why I bothered.
He is thrash.

As your consistent ignoring of the plight of the rural elderly sickens me to the pit of my stomach. You are a disgusting individual and the epitome of all that is wrong with the country boy turned city slicker. It is no surprise that the likes of that Cork gobdaw and settled Limerick knacker are on your side in this matter.

See I can be mean too.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 928285, member: 273”]You’ll have to do a lot better than that bandage. I emphasized “we” to accentuate that as a nation we need to take responsibility, of course that not the hate comment mean every single person. I would have thought an international man if business would be able to seperate that.
I daresay if it was TASE posted that there would have been little smiley men clapping all over th shop, you child.[/QUOTE]

TASE definitely wouldn’t have posted something like that.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 928285, member: 273”]You’ll have to do a lot better than that bandage. I emphasized “we” to accentuate that as a nation we need to take responsibility, of course that not the hate comment mean every single person. I would have thought an international man if business would be able to seperate that.
I daresay if it was TASE posted that there would have been little smiley men clapping all over th shop, you child.[/QUOTE]

And what about travellers taking responsibility for their actions as well instead of playing the poor mouth and racist card all the time?

This is a two way street, if travellers want to be respected and treated well they need change their ways and want to stop the criminal activity. Once that happens the settled community needs to give them he chance but until travellers change their ways that is not going to happen.

Maybe you can tell me, why are travellers so against their children being educated especially the girls?

That seems like a bit of a generalization there mate

The younger travellers are a far more dangerous breed than those that went before them.
I predict huge problems for irish society if there isn’t a serious concerted effort to sort the situation out over the next 10/20 years.

Good point, he had this retarded anti-English stance as well.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 928300, member: 1786”]The younger travellers are a far more dangerous breed than those that went before them.
I predict huge problems for irish society if there isn’t a serious concerted effort to sort the situation out over the next 10/20 years.[/QUOTE]
Come up with a solution, you mean?

[QUOTE=“tazdedub, post: 928297, member: 312”]And what about travellers taking responsibility for their actions as well instead of playing the poor mouth and racist card all the time?

This is a two way street, if travellers want to be respected and treated well they need change their ways and want to stop the criminal activity. Once that happens the settled community needs to give them he chance but until travellers change their ways that is not going to happen.

Maybe you can tell me, why are travellers so against their children being educated especially the girls?[/QUOTE]
You completely missed everything I said. And going by your post I’ll never be able to explain it to you.

Should this solution be a lasting and final one?

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 928300, member: 1786”]The younger travellers are a far more dangerous breed than those that went before them.
I predict huge problems for irish society if there isn’t a serious concerted effort to sort the situation out over the next 10/20 years.[/QUOTE]

There are 30,000 of them according to another poster- What number of them male between 16-50 ? We have a population of 4.5 million and around 8- 10,000 travellers are going to hold us to ransom :rolleyes:

People are clearly over-exaggerating how travellers are terrorising old people in rural communities.

Don’t kid yourself Jimmy, if a knacker ever got the chance he’d murder you and everyone you care about.

Travellers never do anything, they are the victims.:slight_smile:

Not a chance. Sure they* gave that auld lad in Clare the opportunity to cycle through the night straight to that nursing home.

*were they even travellers?

The dag jus ran into yer yard bass I was only tryin ta gat him back like, hones ta jaysus bass.