More shame for the travelling community

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 951653, member: 2269”]Travellers would make up what of the population, 0.005% at a rough guess? Seems to be an inordinate amount of convictions/crimes in the national press on average compared with the general population. I would say comparing the two the average figure is astronomical.

Here is a question. Travellers love to complain about being disciminated against, yada yada. Let’s ignore crime and look at the positives. As a collective group, what do travellers contribute to society as a whole? Positive things. Take your time now.[/QUOTE]

They repair buckets.

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 951653, member: 2269”]Travellers would make up what of the population, 0.005% at a rough guess? Seems to be an inordinate amount of convictions/crimes in the national press on average compared with the general population. I would say comparing the two the average figure is astronomical.

Here is a question. Travellers love to complain about being disciminated against, yada yada. Let’s ignore crime and look at the positives. As a collective group, what do travellers contribute to society as a whole? Positive things. Take your time now.[/QUOTE]

They provide good scrap mteal at very competitive prices.

They allow Mark Renton to feel good about himself.

They tend to keep their numbers down by culling each other.

You’re not putting that in context. You do realise there are only circa 30,000 Travellers and over 4 million settled people in this country?

I’m willing to bet that the ratio of criminal convictions in the travelling community is far higher than that of the settled one. For relatively a small group of people, they cause an awful lot of trouble. That is undeniable.

They provide top Olympic boxers.

They are reality tv super stars and provide light entertainment to the world over.

They provide their own rich culture, music and song

That’s not a valuable contribution. In fact it’s the opposite as they’re all laughing at us over in England thinking this is how the rest of us are.

I’ve never heard that. Provide me with some examples to illustrate/prove this “rich culture” you speak of.

What do you care what those tan bastards care? Let them come over here on holiday to laugh at us and we will clean them out. The point stands as valid… In fact, the travellers mugging the tans off daily is a positive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZnpbuqOEl8

Not true. There are one or two middling examples of boxers they sent somewhere. They broke John Joe Nevins leg when he tried to break up a family row. His career could be over.

You’re an idiot.

This seems to be the best anyone has come up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntGIkGuFBL8

they provide us with the entire population of Limerick as well as infesting a large proportion of the county of limerick.
which explains limericks other name: Knacker-agua

[QUOTE=“redman, post: 951673, member: 1731”]they provide us with the entire population of Limerick as well as infesting a large proportion of the county of limerick.
which explains limerick other name: Knacker-agua[/QUOTE]

oh wait… you said positive. my bad.

[QUOTE=“redman, post: 951673, member: 1731”]they provide us with the entire population of Limerick as well as infesting a large proportion of the county of limerick.
which explains limericks other name: Knacker-agua[/QUOTE]

Says the Tipperary man- Ireland’s most inbred county :smiley:

ah come on now, knacker-aguans are well renownd for their rampant cousin marrying culture. isnt that why all the shams in knacker-agua refer to each other as 'cus.
erm… 'cus. dont be tarring us with your brush now shamboy.