More shame for the travelling community

5 Likes

5 year sentence is absolutely pitiful.

1 Like

Judge Tom Teehan seems a thoroughly alright sort.

Half expected all seven to get pitiful 18 month sentences with 6 months suspended.

You’re fellow countyman Eddie Halvey would probably agree with you on that score.

FORMER Munster and Ireland rugby player Eddie Halvey has been given a seven-month suspended sentence and disqualified from driving for seven years after pleading guilty to careless driving and drink driving following a road crash which claimed the life of a 16-year-old boy in 2006.

Halvey of Allendale Hall, South Circular Road, Limerick had admitted being under the influence of alcohol when his Land Rover collided with the back of a BMW at Coole, Toomevara, Co Tipperary, on April 1, 2006.

Teenager Kevin Walsh, of Sycamore Drive, Bruff – a back seat passenger in the BMW – died in the crash.

Halvey, who the court heard was more than twice the legal alcohol limit, told the young man’s family he was truly sorry for what he had done.

In her victim impact statement an emotional Kate Walsh, the victim’s mother, said Eddie Halvey thought he had the ‘God-given’ right to drive while he was under the influence of drink.

From the witness box she turned to the former Munster and Ireland player and told him she will never forgive him for her son’s death.

She also accused Halvey of never showing remorse to her family.

In the stand, Halvey said everything Ms Walsh said is true. “I am truly sorry for what I have done to you and your family,” he said. “I do not expect forgiveness.”

Judge Thomas Teehan suspended sentences totalling seven months for a five-year period and disqualified Halvey from driving for seven years.

Following the sentencing, Kate Walsh spoke to the media outside Nenagh Courthouse.

“I have closure now, even though I didn’t get what I want in justice for Kevin.

“But I needed to look him [Halvey] in the face and just tell him what I thought and let him know how I feel.

“It has hurt and the pain is as raw as if it happened three years ago.”

No harm to have a few more scumbags off the streets for a while.

You bumped it in the travelling community thread. Surely these aren’t travellers? Or some of them at least? Because all i hear from Pavee Point is that it is a tiny minority of travellers committing crime. So i would not expect some of these buckos to be travellers or otherwise their claims are looking very shallow indeed considering all the many bumps this thread receives on a regular basis.

Fucking knackers. Those poor kids not only attacked like that but also having to put up with the smell of the bastards during their ordeal.

4 Likes

Why do knackers smell?
So blind people can hate them as well.

Cunts every last one of them.

14 Likes

That fucking crazed individual wasn’t an itinerant. Most of the other were.

The sentences are decent. Though in an ideal world they’d lose a few limbs. I’d volunteer cut that lads hands off myself.

Imagine those fuckers in your house, scaring the shit out of your family.

1 Like

Shot gun.

2 Likes

Death penalty wanted for each of these 7 disgusting creatures.

The Irish taxpayers will end up paying millions to put up these creatures in prison.

1 Like

3 piebalds seized by the cops in Weston, the knackers respond by smashing windows of cie bus. Vile scum.

Cat got your tongue @Rocko ?

1 Like

It’s been a bad few decades for the travelling community with exceptionally bad publicity caused by the scurrilous acts of thuggery by many members of their small community. @ChocolateMice and other supporters of the travelling community, any comment to make in their defence?

To think that there are a lot of people in this country who think Padraig Nally is the bad guy. :rollseyes:

7 Likes

He should be the Minister for Defence.

7 Likes

@farmerinthecity i recall being another traveller sympathizer but he’s keeping his gob shut today.

@Rocko i suppose

See that film last night? Patrick from Love/Hate? He’s great isn’t he? He’s not my favourite actor of all time by the way. My favourite actor of all time is Mister Johnny Connors.

Paul Williams talking to Pat Kenny on the radio earlier about these low life scum. I love listening to Williams describe in eloquent ways these vile bastards and the crimes they committed. He has a lovely blunt way of cutting through the niceties and getting down to brass tacks.

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/The_Pat_Kenny_Show/The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Highlights/107561/They_have_left_that_family_completely_devastated