More shame for the travelling community

Think @Appendage alluded to this somewhere but Wexford disgraced itself last week with the notable exception of St Joseph’s:

Clonard Church was even locked up on Thursday afternoon and evening.

1 Like

That fella in ennis wasn’t a man, he was a traveller

4 Likes

not wanting to get into a massive debate over it or anything, but the closed reports seem highly over exaggerated. Also, the Farmers Kitchen and Danby lodge provided after funeral locations and food. Also some fella set up a car park and a tent with tea and sandwiches and stuff for free for people too. That report also leaves out the 2 petrol stations that were ransacked that day too.

3 Likes

So it’s just an internal matter between fellow travellers?

Where were the ransackings @GMan?

A paper being sensationalist? Hardly

Or a TFK poster being sensationalist.

Please provide further details, @Gman.

One was the one on the Rosslare road, not sure of the other, it wasn’t around the town tho as far as I remember. I had a few pints on me when being told by someone who also was giving out about how bad the closing down of the town was and that it was inevitable that it happened.

1 Like

Apparently these lads were tormenting local farmers, coming back and doing damage after they were cleared off the land.

More shame for the traveling community volume 18,746.

1 Like

I believe they set fire to an Opel Zafira earlier today also

Doubtful. Even the tinkers won’t drive a Zafira at this stage.

2 Likes

Martin Collins from Pavee point trying to make a coherent point today on the radio,

GARDAI are investigating an incident in Limerick in which a teenage girl was injured.

The incident happened on Sunday night in Askeaton, during which two caravans in the town were burnt.

The teenager was hospitalised with what gardai suspect was a knife wound but the injury is understood not to be life threatening. The girl sustained a number of injuries to her leg in the incident but no complaint has yet been made to gardai, who are looking into the matter.

That seems odd.

So traveler girl is hospitalised with a stab wound.

Yep that’s another low for the traveling community volume 18,747.

Were the caravans burnt because the girl was stabbed?

Apparently so.

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/visible-garda-presence-after-night-of-trouble-in-askeaton/23878

I don’t think so. Both the caravans and the girl who was stabbed are in the same family. There have been a few low level incidents in this feud over the past few months.