More shame for the travelling community

Ha, I was drunk.

I see some of these cunts smashed up the hotel in Rathkeale last night. :angry:

It was only recently reopened by a couple who were trying to bring some jobs back to the town.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 568185”]I see some of these cunts smashed up the hotel in Rathkeale last night.

It was only recently reopened by a couple who were trying to bring some jobs back to the town.[/quote]

If you let them in…

They wreck your pub.

If you don’t they sue you

Cunts

[quote=“balbec, post: 568186”]

If you let them in…[/quote]

You cannot stop them coming in or you end up being refused at your licence renewal. It has happened to a few out this way.

Were they in any way involved in some unsavoury scenes in a pub in Limerick last night where allegedly there was slash hooks involved?

I dunno what the story was with the row in town. It would be unusual for them to be drinking in the city center.

So what you’re saying is there’s a chance they were indeed involved…

A documentary about to start on 3e in 20mins called ‘The truth about travellers’. Should be an interesting watch…

A young unemployed traveller man asked there if he would like to work, he said “i earn more in a week than most people earn in a year”. How does he earn more in a week than most working people earn in a year??? Fascinating that. He must be backing winning horses or something…

[quote=“The Runt, post: 568185”]
I see some of these cunts smashed up the hotel in Rathkeale last night. :angry:

[/quote]buts its their culture and you have to respect them, also bringing slashooks when picking up children from school is part of their culture

Ah right didn’t realise it was a cultural thing, that makes it ok i suppose.

A traveller girl there after claiming that all girls in Limerick go around in hooped ear-rings, yellow mini skirts and high heels and it’s not just the traveller girls down there. Oh right, didn’t realise that.

yeah my avatar got a fine a few years back for not serving them.

Nothing but a bit of hi-jinx according to the Indo

I believe the Dundons were involved in this row.

By Barry Duggan
Monday March 26 2012
FIVE men have appeared in court after a mass brawl among men and women at a hotel where a christening was being celebrated.
Up to 30 gardai – including armed members of the Regional Support Unit – from six garda stations had to be deployed to a hotel in Limerick over the weekend after violence erupted among Travellers.
It took officers up to 20 minutes to restore calm at the Rathkeale House Hotel on Saturday night as men and women fought openly in the hotel foyer.
Gardai from Rathkeale had to call on support from their colleagues at five other garda stations – Newcastle West, Askeaton, Roxboro, Mayorstone and Henry Street – to overpower those involved.
Several cans of pepper spray were used to quell the fighting and knives and hurleys were recovered. Yesterday, five members of the Travelling community appeared at a special sitting of Limerick District Court after they were arrested in Rathkeale.
All five men are charged with failure to comply with directions from the gardai; using threatening, abusive and insulting behaviour; and being intoxicated in a public place, giving rise to being a danger to themselves or others on Saturday.

Blade
The five are Stephen Daly (23) of Sharwood Estate, Newcastle West, Co Limerick; Trevor Wall (21), of Chestnut Gardens, Newcastle West; Thomas Keenan (24), of Meelagh View, Mahon, Cork; Daniel O’Brien (19), of Stratton Pines, Bishopstown, Cork; and Colm Folan (19), of The Willows, Ballincollig, Cork. Mr Daly is also charged with the unlawful possession of a stanley blade, while Mr Keenan is also charged with possession of a hurley with intent to intimidate.

Some of the men appeared in court with what appeared to be bloodstained shirts.
Solicitor John Herbert applied for bail on behalf of Mr Daly, but this was objected to by the State.
Judge Aeneas McCarthy refused the bail application and remanded Mr Daly in custody to appear at Listowel District Court tomorrow.
There were no bail objections for the other four and all are expected to appear before Newcastle West District Court on April 10. Investigations into the incident are continuing.

• Barry Duggan

Easy known it was the Cork crowd coming up to Limerick to disturb the peace.

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/dynamic/01033/colmfolan-i_1033218t.jpg
http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/dynamic/01033/thomaskeenan-i_1033217t.jpg
http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/dynamic/01033/Stephendaly-press2_1033220t.jpg
http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/dynamic/01033/danielobrien_1033221t.jpg

Salt of the earth

Charming.