More Things That Are Wrong, just plain wrong

No horse I wouldnt

Iā€™m terribly saddened by the lack of humanity on show here.

Iā€™m praying for all of you.

1 Like

he is deceased

Thereā€™s plenty of humanity for tax avoiders on show.

Theyā€™re the real victims here.

1 Like

Ah thatā€™s shit. A year is no time. I wouldnā€™t take that.

:rollseyes:

4 Likes

Itā€™s a tricky one. Def not black and white. She obviously might have got longer out of it but out of her control. I think dropping to bottom of housing list whilst retaining the uncertainty was was deciding factor.

Well it would give her time to sort her shit out would itake not?

Only she knows the answer to that Iā€™d say. Somehow I doubt it if she wants to go back to college etc. Iā€™m not defending her position. Just saying it is somewhat understandable if her long term goal is to live in social housing for the rest of her life.

Donā€™t hate the player hate the game

I actually met a fella there a few weeks back. Nice lad from the UK. Moved over here with no job to live closer to his Irish girlfriend. Heā€™s living with his granny. Heā€™s getting full jobseekers based on paying his ā€œstampsā€ in the UK. Also eligible for funded college courses through some Springboard scheme. They will even pay an allowance for his expenses to go to college.

I was gobsmacked

I think part of her problem is sheā€™s being used as a pawn by the SF brigade for some political point scoring

2 Likes

Sort her shot out in what way? Saving a deposit and applying for a mortgage.? Sheā€™d want to be on 100k+ to achieve that.

If that is so, we are fucked.

Sure I subsequently had a lovely dinner experience with Kent, Lynette and the others in Mornington. I was exaggerating, it was said in jest, a mere throw-away comment. I really, really like people.

Hang on a second chief. At the moment she is claiming to be homeless. She has a kid. She has or had an offer of fully paid up accommodation for 12 months. Getting her shit together does not mean necessarily gathering a deposit together for a house. It can mean getting somewhere she can put her head down and start to build a life. Head into Dublin this evening and ask any poor cunt living on the streets if heā€™d take a fully paid up pad for 12 months and see how many would say no.

1 Like

Everyone should have a lovely dinner experience in Mornington so, if only to repair their faith in humankind

Plenty would say no if making a decision to accept short term accommodation means you end up back at the bottom of the housing list

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand why there are so many people on the thread ignoring this basic point (which she made on the original RTE show), calling her horrible names and saying her child should be taken from her. Itā€™s vile and upsetting.

3 Likes

You have to take a chance every now and again. All I know is that if it was me with a kid Iā€™d take the gig and move on from there.

As I said earlier. I probably would too. But itā€™s far from black and white decision