More Things That Are Wrong, just plain wrong

The Yankee NFL can fuck off.

A good oul’ mate of mine was dealt an hammer blow on Saturday morning when his wife had a brain tumour/stroke. She’s on life support awaiting/hoping for a transfer to Beaumont.

Game over in my mind. I checked the RIP site…Disaster…

His mother (adoptive at 94) is dead now.

We can spoof and have the craic but that’s a bad call.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that.

1 Like

They’ve made absolute shit of the EPL schedule with all the top teams now having games in hand.

Sorry to hear that also.

[quote=“Boxtyeater, post:4540, topic:20929, full:true”]
A good oul’ mate of mine was dealt an hammer blow on Saturday morning when his wife had a brain tumour/stroke. She’s on life support awaiting/hoping for a transfer to Beaumont.

He’d be more or less potless God help him. I was there all evening - he doesn’t know which side of him is up…

His great friends were there - to a man…I discreetly sussed the gathering and we agreed between us that we’d fund the funeral. I know in my heart of hearts if the roles were reversed he’d be the main man …

Loyal friends are a thing to treasure.

35 Likes

You’re a good sort Boxty.

A further update:

Honest to God lads I’ve had a hugely enjoyable/funny/tragic/emotional day…

I was getting Herself dressed for the funeral when the hall door took a battering…One of our own - a wealthy tycoon from London town, batin’ my door down to enquire about the financials…

A brace of Jemmy’s and we’re off…

Sad, sad occasion. My mate was adopted but, by Christ, did he love her…94 is a good run and she looked 64.

In true rural style we had what we’d call a “tangle” with the undertaker. A top/understanding guy.
He came into the pub afterwards and stuck the receipt - docket into my pals top pocket, marked Paid…

3 gents had a tenner e/w on that donkey Libarik @25’s…You can envisage the scenes…

Meanwhile my pal had to scoot to Sligo - the word from there isn’t good…

12 Likes

Schoolfriend of mine in a serious accident this morning, himself and his daughter in critical condition, not looking good. Sometimes life is indeed shit.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that chief. No matter how bad you think it is, there’s always someone worse off.

As lad said to me once “If everyone in this room put their problems on the table, you’d be glad to leave with your own”. Really put things in perspective.

11 Likes

The murder and rape going on in India is appalling.

RIP that poor girl from Buncranna.

India is the rape capital of the world, pure fuckings savages over there

10 Likes

Its appaling…saying the country has gone to the dogs would be an insult to dogs.

You’d want your head examined to be going to India

1 Like

Sorry to hear that

Junction 14 Mayfield on Paddys day. Fuck me.

Say hello to @myboyblue for us.

2 Likes

http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/thats-what-they-do-in-ireland-tilda-swintons-ex-reveals-he-was-child-of-an-incestuous-relationship-35543460.html

‘Tilda Swintons ex partner’

Imagine that being to first line of your obituary.