More Things That Are Wrong, just plain wrong

I mugged one off recently with the false intention I was selling. Got a free val report and submitted it to the bank to verify a reduced LTV and got a reduced interest rate. Told estate agent the following week wife had changed her mind.

12 Likes

An auction traditionally doesnt suit buyers as it favours cash purchasers and makes it v difficult to organise finance up front.

Very strange accent. Had she a speech impediment?

1 Like

According to most of the board, that is an oxymoron.

Most of the morons?

Don’t worry, it’s not me.

Me hoop, most people interested in purchasing a Home have their budget & finances ready.
In the current setup you have auctioneers basically driving up Selling Prices telling lie after lie.

I had one cunt ring me ref a House last year with an update of my Bid status & I increased the offer. Within 5 minutes the cunt rang back to inform the was a counter bid of €5k. I asked him when exactly & informed him he had been talking to me only 5 mins previously. I withdrew all offers and told him to fuck off.
He rang back within 10 mins explaining he had confused my offer with someone else’s. :rollseyes:

2 Likes

Try organising a mortgage for an auction property when you cant tell the Bank how much the value is. Vast majority of auction sales are for cash for this reason

Im in full agreement with you about inadequacy of current system. I just dont agree that auction is the silver bullet

1 Like

That article irked me this morning, the same morning my P60 arrived and I wondered where my €16,000 tax + prsi + USC was spent.
I certainly saw very little of it back for my family.

Dion Dublin blubbering like a little girl over the death of Cyrile Regis.

Spare the crocodile tears, mate.

3 Likes

I thought it was touching that Dion was so emotional over the death of someone he regarded as a personal hero.

Nevertheless your point of view is a valid one and very well made.

That’s glorious.

When we were putting a bid on our place we knew there was no one else bidding. The landlord in the house we were renting got a phone call from the estate agent asking if he could put his name against a bid. Our landlord wasn’t long fucking him out of it as he knew we were bidding on it. The ballsy estate agent then contacted one of Mrs Macs friends who’d also viewed it and they told him where to go.

He rang me back to say there was a couple of other potential bids coming and did I want to up mine to stave them off. I asked him if it was the landlord or Mrs Macs friend he was talking about. He went silent and said he’d get back to me. I got a call from the office the following day to say our bid was successful. The next time I saw the cunt was when he was out in the rain one day taking down the Sold sign.

7 Likes

At least he took down the sign. I eventually threw it into the car and left it across the doorway of the sherry Fitz office one evening.

They do actually have an obligation to disclose all offers to the vendor under their regulators code of conduct which they are signed up to. I sincerely doubt they all do mind you

1 Like

Cunts is right. We went sale agreed on a house about 3 years ago. It took about two months dealing with two of them greasy pricks. Any way we then paid a 10k security deposit to the auctioneers to secure it while the paperwork was being done. It was then our solicitor came across a few problems so we decided to pull out of it.

After hearing from the auctioneers every 2nd day when the bidding process was taking place they were then impossible to get a hold of to get the 10k deposit back. We sent them a solicitors letter, contacted the IPAV but had no luck getting the money back. They kept on telling us they lost our bank details, the girl in the office was on holidays and other such excuses. It was not until I told them I was ringing Joe Duffy did the money come back pronto to us.

In the end it transpired that the auctioneers and vendor were in cahoots with each other flipping houses and the 10k was used on that. The auctioneer ended up renting the house we had intended buying. He has subsequently lost his job for some other dodgy activity.

Cunts cunts cunts. :rage:

How does the 10k deposit work when you’ve gone sale agreed? Is it something along the lines of you’ve got one month to get all your paper work in order and draw down the mortgage or you’ve lost your deposit? Mate of mine described that scenario and they went up to close of business on the last day trying to get it nailed down. He was on about almost losing a big sum of his deposit.

Glad to give that the 10th

deposit is refundable up until you sign contracts

1 Like