More Things That Are Wrong, just plain wrong

I seem to remember a similar case where they managed to get the child out and they survived and are now thriving. What is there to lose by allowing the parents to seek alternative treatment? Must be torture for the parents.

1 Like

The hospitals charter is to do whatā€™s best for the patient. Not what the parents want.

At this stage they would save themselves a whole pile of grief by just letting the parents do what they want alright

I can understand that to an extent but if another hospital is willing to have a look then surely the parents should be allowed bring him. Itā€™s not like theyā€™re bringing him to some witch doctor.

Not if they feel its not in the best interests of the child.

Not saying what is morally right or wrong here. But thats why it hasnt happened. And courts have backed them

This particular child has no functioning brain matter really other than basic drives. The father is enjoying the attention imho.

2 Likes

heā€™s a scouser isnā€™t he?

1 Like

I suppose as a counter point, Courts and medics are not infallible. An issue is that the medics cant exactly say what the disease is. so itā€™s not to say that the Italian medics couldnā€™t diagnose or the trip on the air ambulance may actually kill the child.

its not black and white either way, especially when you consider the aysha king case.

the main thing about this case is that a lot of money that has been pissed up against a wall in litigation fees couldā€™ve been properly directed at treating sick kids and thatā€™s on both sides IMHO.

4 Likes

good to see the people of laois turn out in huge numbers for this

1 Like

Everton fan

Holding it in Carlow was a mistake

Got a ā€˜ tap on the shoulderā€™ offer this morning.An offer of a promotion, not sure about it though as Iā€™d be all over Munster for days at a time and family life would suffer, expenses would be off the wall. The greatest draw is though is that 2 cunts that I detest really want it, Iā€™m half tempted to take it on to spite the 2 wankers and rub their noses in it.

10 Likes

Congrats. You enjoy being a spiteful prick, go for it.

13 Likes

Ah lovely :clap:

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t have it any other way. Isnā€™t that what all workplaces are like ?

Grab it with both hands brimmer, every man for himself and let God look after us all.

Take the job then go off on depression, on an increased salary. Your despised colleagues will have to take up the slack, hopefully without recompense. Imagine the seethe.

5 Likes

:thinking:
I think I love you man. Thatā€™s the type of outside the box thinking that will get you promoted.

3 Likes

Iā€™m here to help. It speaks volumes that youā€™re broadminded enough to see the bigger picture.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great saying, Iā€™m going to start using it.

3 Likes

go for it.