More Things That Are Wrong, just plain wrong

The guy is on crutches too and they drag him on his knees up concrete steps.

this guy is a GGA ref and gives his life to the organisation

The pretty obvious answer to this is as many people as possible waving Palestinian flags at next weekends matches.
Oh, and kick the shit out of whatever Cark cunts wave Confederate flags.

Surprised at the support for AGS about this on TFK. When in your whole life have you ever heard of anyone at a match complain to cops that they couldn’t see because of a flag?

Also, the first complaint should have been made to the stewards (ie. the landowner who is the GGA themselves) and the stewards should have asked him to take it down first. Then they’d have been entitled to go to the cops after that.

Also he doesn’t seem badly behaved or drunk in that video.

Very strange behaviour from the Meath men all round. A lot of people here being naive about the Meath AGS I think.

1 Like

there are a lot of facts missing here. no one knows that they didnt first go to a steward who may have made the first approach to the man. the reaction of the people around him is telling too. If they were seeing such an injustice, would everyone just stand around watching and saying nothing? And again, why were other flags, in far more prominent and visible positions at the ground left there for the entirety of the game?

10 Likes

sweep sweep

1 Like

How many people who are doing nothing to piss people off have you seen dragged out of a GAA game and even when they are misbehaving it takes a few warnings as nobody wants to escalate a situation and make matters worse.

I have seen nobody dragged out of a GAA game by the cops who was not given a few chances to cop the fuck on and I am going to games since I was 4.

The only trouble in stands in Croke Park I remember seeing has involved Northern teams which may be because they are not used to police at games up North.

There used to be trouble on the Hill behind the goals in the olden days and police moving in. There is still a bit of shite there from the usual suspects.

If you are dragged out of a GAA game you are usually a mouthy cunt who won’t do what they are told.

11 Likes

The match isn’t even on at the time - the pitch is empty, so it must have happened at half-time, which demolishes the spin that he was blocking the view of people.

1 Like

Why would the guards pick him out of the crowd when others were also holding flegs?

Maybe he had a packet of biscuits with him and wouldn’t share them with the pigs?

That’s an angle I hadnt considered.

The complaints were made during the first half and the Guards waited until half time before arresting the cretin. Very considerate from the Guards.

1 Like

It happened before the game apparently.

Spoken like an apologist.

If that’s the case it makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.

An utterly shameful reflection on the GGA and the pigs.

It’s clear as day the Gardai haven’t a leg to stand on here.

They had no business in doing what they did and the man was within his rights to tell them to clear off and leave him be. I hope he takes them to the cleaners, no doubt there will be nothing done to their pigs despite their despicable behaviour.

1 Like

no, spoken like someone who is only dealing with the facts at hand and not speculating motives. If indeed the gardai/stewards or anyone else had this man removed because of the seemingly political stance the flag was viewed, then I would be in full support of him.

As it stands, there is no evidence to support the theory that he was singled out due to the flag being the reason for his removal.

2 Likes

Facts?

The Gardai have no authority to approach a supporter at a game and get them to remove a flag.

2 Likes

how in the fuck do you know what the Gardai are authorized to do?

2 Likes

Facts. How do you know that’s what they did?

Yer man may have been threatening or insulting to those around him.

1 Like