Most overrated movie ever

So you like gay rodeos do you? Ya mouthy fool.

Silly boy, couldnt you decipher a simple one line post?

Watched Burn After Reading (cohen brothers latest film) last night and thought it was very poor, expected a lot more from them…

The Matrix
Strictly Ballroom

watched no country for old men the other night…what a heap of shite…worst ending ever …or maybe im thivk…what the fuck was goin on…saying that iv read cormac maccartheys the road and the end of that was equally as shit so i should have expected it…have to add i though slumdog millionaire while being good is very over rated…

Forrest Gump. WTF? The life story of some slow cunt?

Agreed.

Shite film.

forrest is cool…

No country- rubbish
There will be blood- bigger rubbish
English Patient- bigger rubbish again
Donny Darko- absolute crock of shite
Lost in translation- the emperor’s new clothes of movies (S.J. aside)

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]No country- rubbish
There will be blood- bigger rubbish
English Patient- bigger rubbish again
Lost in translation- the emperor’s new clothes of movies (S.J. aside)[/quote]

I thought No Country was excellent. There will be blood was disappointing, Day Lewis was doing too much shouting for me to enjoy it. Donnie Darko is decent.

Apocolypse Now is labelled as one of the greats, but when i watched it i thought it was an overly-long, dragged out crock of shite…

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]
Lost in translation- the emperor’s new clothes of movies (S.J. aside)[/quote]

Ah but those two are more like mood pieces than regular movies. Come in drunk, open a can and stick one of them on and they’re perfect.

[quote=“The Dunph”]I thought No Country was excellent. There will be blood was disappointing, Day Lewis was doing too much shouting for me to enjoy it. Donnie Darko is decent.

are you nuts!:eek: what the fuck …ok the build up of tension in no country was good but can you explain the ending to me so if its so good…

[quote=“kafka;155343][QUOTE=The Dunph”]I thought No Country was excellent. There will be blood was disappointing, Day Lewis was doing too much shouting for me to enjoy it. Donnie Darko is decent.

are you nuts!:eek: what the fuck …ok the build up of tension in no country was good but can you explain the ending to me so if its so good…[/quote]

A good film is one that makes you think.

I liked both No Country for Old Men and There will be Blood. Very powerful performances in both.

Mood pieces- do nothing for me to be honest, I’m more inclined to the view that a mood piece is just a shite movie.

[quote=“The Dunph;155345][quote=kafka”]

A good film is one that makes you think.[/quote]

dunph is spot on about there will be blood, day lewis shouting for 90 minutes does not make a good movie

saw the curious case of benjamim nutton recently- tripe

“The Greatest Story Ever Told”.

False advertising that.

[quote=“The Dunph”]
Apocolypse Now is labelled as one of the greats, but when i watched it i thought it was an overly-long, dragged out crock of shite…[/quote]

Jesus wept.

I seem to be a big fan of many of the films panned here. I thought Lost In Translation was outstanding.

The Dunph wept…