Most overrated movie ever

As is Donnie Darko…

Agreed.

Agreed on that. The amount of people who got up and left the cinema in the middle of it was unreal though

They’d be the people who vote in our eurovision election selection competition every year Fran. Themes, imagery, subtext etc would be lost on these proles.

I love this film too but can perhaps understand why certain people just wouldn’t get it. It is really slow paced - shouldn’t be an issue but some people are just dumb and impatient.

I think if you’ve ever travelled alone whether work or leisure then you click with this movie in a big way. It’s all about meeting random people and ending up in random situations.

The blair witch project was way overrated

Any of those films with Vince Vaughan, Wilsons etc…

Don’t find them funny in the slightest.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Any of those films with Vince Vaughan, Wilsons etc…

Don’t find them funny in the slightest.[/quote]

Rightly or wrongly, I find it very amusing that Owen Wilson’s irritatingly upbeat, happy-go-lucky characters are played by a guy who tried to kill himself. That shouldn’t make me laugh but it does.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Any of those films with Vince Vaughan, Wilsons etc…

Don’t find them funny in the slightest.[/quote]

I dont’ mind them to be honest
Easy on the brain

Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

As Cohen brothers films go, its one of their better ones, but then I’ve never really gotten The Cohen Brothers.

No way.

Fargo is one of the best films ever made. There is nothing to ‘get’ about it. Just a top notch film.

Also excellent are the Big Lebowski, Raising Arizona and Barton Fink.

O Brother is very disappoiting given the big hullaballoo that surrounded it. I fell asleep during it.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]
O Brother is very disappoiting given the big hullaballoo that surrounded it. I fell asleep during it.[/quote]

In your opinion :clap:

Give it a rest will you.

You won’t bully me farmer. :clap:

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]No way.

Fargo is one of the best films ever made. There is nothing to ‘get’ about it. Just a top notch film.

Also excellent are the Big Lebowski, Raising Arizona and Barton Fink.

O Brother is very disappoiting given the big hullaballoo that surrounded it. I fell asleep during it.[/quote]

I liked Barton Fink, The Big L and really liked Fargo. Thought O’ Brother was a pile of shite though.
This is my first time reading this thread. I’d add that i thought Matrix was utter shite, Forrest Gump the same.

Would have enjoyed most other films in some way or another.

Scarface is by far the most overrated film of all time. Probably been mentioned here already but it’s worth repeating.

:clap:

come down off your soapbox

come down off your soapbox[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Stick to your paedostick you mong

Stick to your paedostick you mong[/quote]

I’ve taken it upon myself, in this new era of rules, to report this post.

I will await swift action (if rocko receives it) very very slow action (if bandage receives it), no action (if dunph receives it) and completely over the top action (if larryduff receives it).